“They wouldn't honor our price.”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed 18 March 2011

My boyfriend made a reservation here through Orbitz. We had the printed confirmation in our hand. When we arrived, however, the check-in clerk wouldn't honor the price we'd been quoted. It was late and we were tired, so my boyfriend probably would've paid the higher price, about $20 more, except the clerk was extrememly rude. We called Orbitz, but they were unable to help. It looked like a nice place, but we ended up at a hotel across the street. If you book through Orbitz or hotels.com, you might want to call the hotel itself to confirm the price before you arrive.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shilo1740

Reviewed 5 March 2011

I have not yet stayed in this place, but I did look into staying there and learned how to book a flexible room reservation, to avoid several of the complaints I see here.

Upon getting a rate quote and hearing the words "non-refundable," I told them to forget it, because my plans were never so solid I could afford to bet on them. At that point, he explained:
"To avoid that, you can book a room at a higher refundable rate, then cancel that booking a day before your trip and replace it with a non-refundable rate the day before you go."

It's not entirely a happy thing that this guy didn't provide this info until I was ready to walk, but there aren't a lot of cheap places to stay in this town. If you need to stay there, at least this way seems to provide a way to avoid some of the complaints on this board. (There are a few things worse than paying money for a place you never stayed at but not many, for cheap SOBs like myself.)

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Youphemism
Reviewed 25 January 2011

When the need arose for me to stay for in Healdsburg for a couple of days I went on line. Notwithstanding the harsh reviews, I chose to stay at the Travelodge because it was the cheapest. I could not have been more pleased. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating. The room was clean and bright. The air conditioning/heating controls were easy to use. The room had a safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, a large tv and free wireless internet. Lots of bright lights. Down the hall there was a hot tub. The continental breakfast was first rate. Coffee, tea, danish pastry, mini-muffins, orange juice, apple juice and dry cereal. Only caveat: if you have a problem with stairs, be sure to ask for a room on the ground level. As to the critical reviews, they don't sound like the same hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2010

the rooms are clean, and whatnot,-the rates are a lil on the high side, but its convenient to the highway & the town./w that said, the desk clerk is remarakble rude.I asked for a late checkout, and was rather brusquely informed that if I checked out so much as minute late, (i.e 11; 01 am), that my CC would be charged an extra day (andm, oh, btw, NO REFUNDS!).given that the room was around $80 bucks to begin with, this sort of left a bad taste in my mouth.also, the (not very much of a breakfast) room has to be accessed via the spa room? this strikes me as potentially dangerous for older people and children, not to mention a bit unssanitary.--its a pity, too, becuase is really IS a property with a LOT of potential.were it not for the rude desk clerk, I *might* recommend it. with that said, I am of the mind that being in the hotel loyalty club, SHOULD get one the occasional late checkout.--truthfully, the more I deal with wyndham properties, the more I appreciate my choice privileges platinum account.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank legendaryrob
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Hotel management is EXTREMELY DISINTERESTED in the quality of the guests stay. If you have a complaint they will be VERY unsympathetic to the GUESTS concerns and then INVALIDATE them. Making a formal complaint to the Wyndham Customer Care Center is UNPRODUCTIVE and their Supervisor's STANDARD of customer service is as EQUALLY LOW as the HEALDSBURG TRAVELLODGE!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank NotMeAgain1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
0.1 km away
0.6 km away
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
10.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!