All reviewsputting greenkoi pondbocce ballgarden suitebiscottivineyard suitessquires cottagesteve and cathi fowlercroquet courtcookiesangel oakmagnolia roomwine countrythought of everythingeach morningwet barthe main house
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Many, many years ago my husband and I used to stay in bed and breakfasts. We always appreciated the personal service, wonderful breakfasts and overall relaxing experience. Then we had children, and my husband became a road warrior which meant staying at places with rewards programs and points. Last summer we thought we would try again and stayed at a bed and breakfast I will not name. It left us feeling that maybe we were just too old, and too accustomed to boring corporate hotel chains to truly appreciate a bed and breakfast. As a result, it was with some trepidation I booked a stay at a different bed and breakfast, The Honor Mansion, for a visit in March. Well, hallelujah, our faith has been restored! We arrived on a Friday evening shortly before the office closed for the evening. Although we had arranged for a late check in, Tracey , the manager, stayed late to show us our room and the facilities, and even where my husband could find his diet cokes for his morning caffeine. The room ( the garden suite) was spotless, lovely and spacious, and appetizers and a bottle of wine had been placed in the room for us due to our late arrival. Breakfast and the afternoon cookies were wonderful. It was cool and damp while we stayed, so we only experienced the putting green the one night, but the grounds are very extensive. Tracey also went above and beyond to book winery reservations at the last minute for us, and arrange to have our wine shipped for us when we realized ( again at the last minute) that we couldn’t wrangle a case box of wine through an airport easily. Book a stay, you won’t regret it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
foodieldy, Owner at Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

We greatly appreciate your time in writing such a detailed and lovely review of your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you were able to find a renewed feeling about staying in an intimate resort property such as ours!

We love to know that we have accommodated all our guests needs and that you were able to enjoy many facets of the property too!

And enjoying our wonderful local wineries is part of the experience, so we are glad you were able to take some memories home with you!

We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

This was my boyfriend's first trip to the wine country. I wanted to make sure it was very special and the Honor Mansion did not disappoint!! Everything about it exceeded my expectations. We were upgraded to a Vineyard Suite, which I highly recommend. It had a private patio with a covered bathtub outside. The wine and appetizer hour was great. Everyday they had different appetizers and delicious cookies. Breakfast was AMAZING! I don't like eggs, but decided to try the eggs benedict and I am sure glad I did. The grounds were gorgeous. We were part of the Wine Road Barrel Tasting Event (which was great too), so we didn't have much time to truly enjoy all the amenities that Honor Mansion had to offer. I would have loved to play croquet, but we didn't have enough time. I guess we will just have to make another trip!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

We are truly humbled by your gracious review! We strive to exceed expectations and we are happy to hear that we did!

We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfasts as well as our other homemade goodies! Please do come see us again when you can enjoy the resort grounds including the croquet! And we are delighted to have been a part of his first trip to wine country!

We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This is the second time that my husband and I have stayed at the Honor Mansion. We cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay. They think of everything! Coffee is delivered to your door each morning. Delicious cookies are served in the afternoon and wine and appetizers in the evening. Breakfast each morning is delicious. Steve is a wonderful host, along with Tracy as concierge. We will continue coming back to this wonderful bed and breakfast!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kinds words and we appreciate your continued loyalty! We are delighted you were able to enjoy so many of the extra amenities!

We look forward to seeing you again as well!

Warm Regards

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Mu husband and I spent the last night of our honeymoon in the Towers Suite. Well kept grounds, welcoming staff, and a delicious breakfast were the highlights of our stay. We were delighted to find a bottle of wine and piece of cake in our room, welcoming us to the hotel. Our room, however, was disappointing and did not feel like a $600+ experience. The entire space was over-decorated and crowded, making it difficult to find a space for our suitcase or even for us to move about the room. There were small details that took away from what should have been a higher-end experience: the bathroom door did not close all of the way, the toilet seat was chipped. Upon checkout, the manager was lovely and welcomed our feedback. Overall, I would go back and try a different room. Everything else about this hotel was fabulous, hoping this feedback is used to elevate the experience for guests of the Tower.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Margenpu
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We had the privilege of staying 3 nights at Honor Mansion.We stayed in a vineyard suite which was spacious and tastefully decorated.The grounds of the resort were very impressive including pool,tennis,croquet,basketball and bocce.We thoroughly enjoyed the gourmet breakfast each morning,which focussed on American foods such as Santa Fe Bake with Applewood Bacon.,with a different main dish each morning.What we particularly appreciated was the care and attention given by Tracy to ensure we had a memorable visit.This included recommending and booking great local restaurants and winery tasting tours.We went to some excellent wineries such as Williams Selyem which focused on the Burgundian varieties of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley.We also went to Willi’s Raw Bar and Dry Creek Kitchen which were both great experiences.To sum it up,we found the Honor Mansion to provide excellent lodgings coupled with great service and attention to detail.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
foodieldy, Owner at Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we are honored by your gracious words! It's wonderful when guests can enjoy many of our activities as well as the wineries and fine restaurants! Our concierge team truly has a passion for developing a custom itinerary for each of our guests and we are happy that you enjoyed your experiences!

We look forward to hosting you again and finding even more wineries and activities for you to enjoy! As well as more breakfasts!

Thank you again and until then, safe travels!

Steve, Cathi & Staff