“First class gnocchi and you must try the Funghi Ripieni”
Review of Acqua E Farina

Acqua E Farina
Reserve with OpenTable
Acqua E Farina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 348 Restaurants in Hayward
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2015

This is our favorite restaurant in Hayward. To start, the Funghi Ripieni, mushrooms stuffed with seafood in a lemon white wine sauces is our go to appetizer whenever we dine there. I love seafood and that is what I tend to go with, but I've enjoyed every dish I've had including a Bolognese sauce over gnocchi. The wine and beer list has a strong contingent of Italian producers, which is fun. Also, I highly recommend the spumoni; the patchwork of colors, flavors, and freshness in the spumoni is a treat.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

We read the reviews and went for lunch to check it out. We were very impressed, my Risotto dish was excellent and my wife had a chicken pesto dish that she loved. the service, price and atmosphere were fantastic as well. Also had a delicious clam chowder and the tasty bread was fresh.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

We went to this delightful restaurant for lunch. The food, service, and ambiance were exceptional. The complimentary foccacia is made in-house and is the best we've ever eaten. I had the calamari piccata and my husband had the veal saltimbocca; both were extraordinary. I also had the crema cotta (creme brulee) for dessert - outstanding. We can't wait for our next business trip to the East Bay for a return visit!

Reviewed 25 September 2015

It was our 25th wedding anniversary and we wanted to go somewhere nice. Doesn't appear to be much in the area and after the TA reviews I knew we had to try it. We usually sit at the bar, but it was small and empty so we opted for a table. We were led around the corner to a cozy room with murals on the walls. The murals were of little buildings from Italy. Restaurants, markets, etc.... It was supposed to make you feel like you were sitting in a square. Very pleasant with soft Sinatra and similar music in the background. Lighting was nice and semi dim and the acoustics were good. There were others in the room, but you could hear yourselves talk. Service was attentive and very good. "Daniel" was our main waiter and he pronounced the dishes in Italian beautifully and told us that his father was the chef. We assumed he was Italian, but he isn't! I'm not going to tell you here. Anyway, fabulous carpaccio appetizer, great bread, nice salad with a very different and good Italian dressing, and then Veal Saltimbocca. Excellent food very reasonably priced and we had a nice bottle of Gattinara which was very fairly priced. We will probably go back in a couple of days!!

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Never expected an Italian Restaurant this fancy in Hayward. Food and Wine are great. Service is good. The place has nice murals of Italy.

1  Thank mevenzabat