All reviews manhattan beach sofa bed yogurt small kitchen waffle maker aviation blvd free parking enjoyed my stay mini fridge rental car close to the airport lax sink desk navy freeway closet
Reviewed 20 December 2016

Ive stayed a few times at this busy hotel close to LAX but not bordering a runway (a trader joes is around the corner). Its pretty much like other spring hill suites, bright, modern.
I give a three as a rating however, while it has so many apparent pluses the two times i was there it felt like mayhem at breakfast, so many people, families mostly big lines for so average prepared foods. I wanted to use the gym but everything was in use for cardio and there were kids in there as well.
My room heater didn't work properly and was very loud so I turned it off. The hotel made efforts to right this but I was too tired to move rooms after unpacking and arriving at the hotel after midnight to check-in.

Room Tip: dont face the train station/depot
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Rich F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Thank you for coming back to see us! I am glad the hotel is a good fit for you. I am sorry to hear the breakfast room has been so busy the last two times you visited. We have expanded our seating to include opening some meeting room space, but I understand the lines remain long. I am assuming the heating problem has already been resolved, but I will check the maintenance reports to be sure there are no outstanding issues. Please forgive the problem with that. We will look forward to seeing you again!!!

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Not sure why the hotel claims to be somewhere else. That being said, the neighborhood is just fine, close to all the businesses. The positive, clean rooms, good customer service. The negative, really bland food and horrible wifi. Parking is easy and it's close to the freeway.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Rich F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Hello- The hotel is on the border of Hawthorne and Manhattan Beach. One side of the street is Hawthorne, and the other is Manhattan Beach. A huge amount of data is analyzed which shows the most searched terms and number of clicks using the most common search engines. The analysis determined the best terms for the hotel name. I was amazed the first time I saw how much went into such a thing. Wow. I am glad you found the rooms clean and the staff friendly. Please accept my apology for the breakfast. We serve the required SpringHill Suites menu. The brand team reads many of these reviews, so your experience may affect a change. WiFi was upgraded in October 2015. We will have someone test all the hotspots to see if there are any problems. This is the first issue about WiFi. We have 5MB free and 10MB for enhanced in service with all new hardware. Thanks for mentioning. Come back soon!!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Really nice hotel - great value and close to the airport and my favorite place in California - Manhattan Beach. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. They have a small fitness center with an elliptical and 2 treadmills. Worked for me! The free breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

It was our pleasure hosting you. I am glad the hotel was just what you needed. Please come back and visit us again!! We sincerely appreciate you.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I'm not going to lie: Transitioning to this property from beautiful Terranea (at $550/night) was a let down, but it's a fine hotel for the price. We normally stay at the Manhattan Beach Marriott since we have family members living in the adjacent subdivision, but a Monday night stay there was going to be over $300. For $140, we got friendly service, a clean room, and free breakfast just 5 minutes down the road at SpringHill Suites. For the price and the convenient location, I would certainly plan another short stay here.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Wow! It sounds like you had quite a treat at the Terranea! Super nice place...5-star! We certainly can't compete, but are delighted you had a pleasant stay with us and found an exceptional value. We will look forward to seeing you next time! Thanks for writing, we enjoy these interactions.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights earlier this month. Room was nice, lots of space. Free breakfast was nice, but food was average. Eggs too salty, and the 2.5 hour serving time was a bit short especially for late risers. Worst thing was elevator didn't work properly. The elevator would stop 6 inches above ground and we found out the hard way when one of us rammed our toes when it stopped above the floor level. Told front desk and they just said, their working on it! They didn't care that one of us was limping around the rest of the day. Then the housdkeeeping staff joked about that it's been out of whack for awhile. This by far is the worst Marriott I've stayed in! I'm a loyal rewards member and time share owner and I was totally dissatisfied. I think they know since no survey has been provided!

Room Tip: Housekeeping didn't always change towels, so you have to ask for them
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank T L
Rich F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

I am sorry to hear about your recent visit. Please accept my apologies for the leveling problem with one of the elevators. Our elevator service company was able to correct the problem. Surveys are randomly emailed to guests. Not every guest receives one and there is no way to tell who will or will not receive one. Thanks for staying with us!!