All reviews manhattan beach sofa bed yogurt small kitchen waffle maker aviation blvd free parking vanity area breakfast area workout room would stay here again mini fridge scrambled eggs rental car close to the airport lax sink
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Quick check in. Friendly receptionists. The suite was clean and well appointed. Nice little mini mart in the lobby so I could grab a beer before bed. Staff was friendly in the morning too. Easy check out a arranged a cab quickly for us. Highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2016

After my second stay, I now appreciate SpringHill Suites more, for the quietness, convenience, and value that it offers, and the safety of its not-to-worry location.

I recently stayed at both this property and the similarly priced Econolodge at LAX. There was a world of difference in my experience, all because of the location and condition of the property.

Springhill is quiet because it's just far enough from the airport, and the building has modern construction. In comparison, the windows rattled with every jet takeoff, all night, at the 1950's Econolodge LAX motel, which had an old 1950 construction.

The neighborhood looks safer here than at the LAX hotels. There were no beggars on the street corners and gas stations near the SpringHill Suites, unlike the LAX hotel area.

Stay here if you're returning a rental car the morning of your departure. It's exactly ten minutes from the Springhill parking lot until I step out of the car at the National Car Rental return. It's a very easy straight shot down Aviation Blvd, and traffic is no factor. After you return your rental car, it takes a little over twenty minutes for the car-rental shuttle to wind slowly through LAX traffic to terminal 4 for American Airlines.

There's no shuttle to the airport. You'll need a rental car or taxi.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 514JG
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here several times but didn't write a review until now because last night the front desk gentleman who checked me in yesterday was the first to really recognize me as a gold elite member in a very simple but memorable way. In addition to the great checking out service, the rooms here are great in size and you can always count on reliability here. Definitely recommend

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LeBronJ6
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

We chose the hotel because of the proximity to Manhattan Beach, and weren't disappointed.
The staff literally has a smile on the whole time. Any question or request was answered quickly and efficiently.
We booked a studio room which gave us a nice spacious area to spread out a bit.
The beds were very comfortable and the entire hotel very clean.
The gym is very simple, just a few cardios and weights, but it was good for a short workout - bring earphones!
All in all it was a great value for our money. Not the most luxurious hotel we stayed in, but for the price and location - everything we could ask for.
Special shout out to Savannah at the reception who was professional and great!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank haggail_13
Reviewed 22 April 2016

My dad booked this hotel for us two days, one we arrived in LA for our honeymoon and one night the day before we are scheduled to leave. They refused to look at the authorization paper that they already had from the first trip, embarrassing me and making me bother my dad (who is a Gold Elite member and his entire company ALWAYS uses these hotels- way to show appreciation here guys). They also neglected to give me a room upgrade, even when I asked specifically I was actually hung up on. Amazing how poorly they treat the people that give them their business

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rich F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Hi Lauren- Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the authorization from your previous trip you mention without details of what it exactly authorized.

All of our rooms are suites with the only difference being some suites have two beds and some have one bed. There was not any different room type to upgrade to. I am sorry we were not able to accommodate your request.

I am sorry to hear about someone hanging up on you, and I apologize on their behalf. Thank you for letting me know so I could apologize to you.