All reviews bhadra river jeep ride mr ravi private waterfall life jackets river flowing wood house camp fire office colleagues safety measures malnad style food team outing resort personnel shiva temple an amazing experience ice cold water sufficient quantity
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I had been for an outing with my team here on 31st March. The booking process through let’s step out was OK. I would rather talk to the owners Ravi and book directly .

Pros:
Amazing location
Great hospitality
Very very clean place
Amazing food
The care takers especially Shravan is very sweet!

Cons:
Beware of mosquitoes
Intercom in the rooms would help as mobile network is limited and the river view rooms are a little away from the welcome desk
Timely availability of drinking water and wood for the camp fire was an issue, however the team there responded immediately at a single call. I would not call this a major problem.

Overall an amazing experience. I would definitely go back very soon!!

Special mention to Ravi for taking care of us very well!! Call him directly as he is the owner of this place.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Foreword: We went to Bynekadu resort in Kalasa town, Chikamagalur last week after the kids wrapped up their exams. Though we have made multiple trips to Western ghats in the last decade, they have been mostly in the time when monsoon dates the ghats and have always been through personal referrals. This is the first time I picked a place in a bone dry season after just glancing a newspaper writeup. Bookings were handled professionally with good followups. To be honest , I was just looking for an outlet and expectations were not very high especially when I saw that the resort gate in right on main road on google maps. Most of the places I have been are pretty remote with struggle to get into the places especially in wet season.

The experience: Once you enter the gates, the property is downhill like deep valley and noise levels fall off exponentially. We stayed on a river (Bhadra) facing property on back side and it was as private as it could get . The porch views are among the best with foggy (yes in summer) mornings, pleasant afternoons and chilly nights. We could actually enjoy the fireplace in this season,. The USP of the trip is the complete off-road jeep driving to Gali Gudda and a local waterfalls close by. It is almost like a Disney ride only that this is real as jeep ploughs through water, cliffs and narrow canyons and plantations. One of the major advantages of visiting in this season is you pretty much have the attractions/view points for yourself. There is no other soul out there. Kids also enjoyed the floats on river Bhadra in the evenings. Can't remember when was the last time I was in a pure water like that. Visit to Horanadu Annapooreshwari temple (15 minutes) and the local Kalasa Shiva temple were the other highlights, a testimony to our great heritage. Even a walk in the main street of Kalasa town is refreshing, reminiscent of Bangalore of 80s.

The resort staff is friendly and very accomodative and flexible. There are no hidden charges and no tendency for any commercialization/overbilling. What you are told during booking is exactly what you pay for. Food was good but could have been better.

On teh whole, we enjoyed this trip very different from other Malnad trips done so far.
We really look forward to go there in monsoon some time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ssrinath
ravi k, Owner at Bynekaadu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

thanks for a great review sir,,yes bynekaadu is consideraby cool even in summer,,and the families with kids do visit bynekaadu during summer for this reason..the river is majestic and view point also good even in summer...we shall try even better for more varieties in food..pls visit again sir,,thanks

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this resort. I really liked the destination and it was excellent. Location of the resort was excellent. The appearance of the resort was excellent. The reception at this resort was excellent, as they were cooperative. The room at this resort was excellent, since it was spacious and well maintained. The services at this resort were excellent as they were quick to attend us. The food at this resort was excellent in taste and quality. I will suggest this resort to future travellers. Overall experience at this resort was excellent.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ravi k, Owner at Bynekaadu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thanks for the review sir...I promise we shall keep the quality for ever

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I am not rating the property - instead, I chose to reprimand the promoters of the facility...

Let alone going there...
Booking with letzstepout itself is a pain staking exercise. I had been to Bynekaadu homestay earlier ~6 years ago... I had enjoyed my stay there. I do not think Letzstepout managed bynekaadu then.

Looks like Letzstepout is working hard to make sure they keep us out.
We wanted to book bynekaadu for our team outing. We've also had a couple of interesting conversations with the administrators.

However, going back on their words seems like a habit with the folks managing booking for these promoters.
Let me iterate that the folks are promoters and don't own the whole of western ghats. We have options and we chose to stay out...

Be reasonable - If you do not communicate effectively none will want to start a business interaction with you folks... without business, you might not want to continue.

I would recommend the owners of bynekaadu to re-think their strategy.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank Jaideep_MS
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We Visited this home stay on 3rd Feb 2018 with 5 Member. Well maintained Home stay with Good Food Veg people,Non-Veg need to improve a lot. Room which was provided was very well maintained and Bed and Bathroom was very hygienic..

Water Falls nearby is good only in rainy season.River next to home stay is good for playing water games.(Alcohol not allowed in River) and Trekking sunset was mind blowing great memories.

Overall i can say very very good home stay at this price.

Nearest Place Kalasa City around 1,5kms.

Room tip: Rooms with Wooden finish are small in size
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ravi k, Owner at Bynekaadu, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thanks a lot sir.. i am grateful for ur review..certainly we will improve with non veg food..