“Beautiful spot at Half Moon Bay”

Beach House at Half Moon Bay
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Reviewed 1 December 2017

My family and I just moved to California a few months ago. This was our first trip (but not our last!) to Half Moon Bay. I was very pleased with the service and accommodation at the Beach House. We had a Jr. Suite on the 2nd floor. It was spacious and comfortable. The view was perfect. We could see the sunrise in the morning to our left and the sunset directly in front of us in the evening. The temp during our stay was nice and warm, in the high 70's and clear. There is no AC, but there were two fans in the closet that made the room very comfortable for the unseasonably warm days. The continental breakfast had good variety, even though in a small space so could get a bit crowded depending on what time you arrived. But food and coffee were good and other guests were polite. I read other reviews about the noise of the foghorn. Yes, you will hear it every now and then, but it was not distracting nor uncomfortable to me or my family at all. Only enhanced our visit to this coastal town. We also traveled down the Pacific Coast Highway, enjoying the views. The hotel is next door to Sam's Chowder House. A brief walk from the hotel parking lot to the restaurant parking lot and you are there. All in all, yes, I would recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 213 is on the 2nd floor in the middle of the hotel, close to the elevator. We enjoyed the roo...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DLady69
Nikki_Rbh, Front Desk Supervisor at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Hello DLady69,

Thank you so much for your very insightful and lovely review!. It is greatly appreciated to hear your feedback during your stay. We can't wait to welcome you back!!

Reviewed 29 November 2017

My wife and I had never been to Half Moon Bay and this place was the perfect base of operations. Super close to beaches and downtown with restaurants and shopping. Staff was very accommodating when we got to town earlier than normal check in and the room was top notch.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello rbchav,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. It is with so much joy to know you had such a good experience during your stay here with us in Half Moon Bay. We only hope to be able to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Twice I have stayed in the partial ocean view rooms and my latest visit, I stayed in the Ocean view penthouse suite. Each of my visits has been wonderful. The ocean view room has definitely been my favorite but each of the rooms are very nice. The beds are super comfy and it's nice to have a separate sitting area away from the bed area. I'm not sure that the penthouse room is worth the price but if you feel like splurging...go for it! There is a little issue with the foghorn but quite frankly you get used to it and you don't really hear it after awhile. I've never been on the side of the hotel that faces the road, but that might be a little on the louder side. Also, the wine and cheese reception and continental breakfast are great for a little snack before dinner and a little something in the morning. Overall, I loved my stays and I will be back!

Room Tip: Full ocean view is the best. No need for the penthouse unless you don't want anyone above you.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodie C

Hello Jodie C,

Thank you for continuing to choose The Beach House as your getaway spot. It's always a pleasure to have you back and to hear how much you've enjoyed your visits. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Beautiful location close to the harbor and the beach. Very lovely stay. Lots of great restaurants in town with nice activities like bike riding, kayaks, walking. Highly recommend for a recharge kind of weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room, though they will charge for it...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dschrimmer
Nikki_Rbh, Front Desk Supervisor at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hello dschrimmer,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us we hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We are we're in room 306 which is a junior penthouse. The room was lovely and spacious with a separate lounge area with fireplace and a balcony. There was also a small kitchenette Which was useful. We ordered from the local Indian restaurant and they delivered to our door. The accommodation was very nice and clean and we had no complaints other than one - the foghorn! Our room was just above it and it beeps loudly every 10 seconds 24/7. It was really annoying while sitting on the balcony so we went inside and closed the doors. We could still hear it even with our TV on. During the night it was like trying to sleep with a dripping tap, we were just waiting for the 10 second beep. So my recommendation would be to request a room away from the foghorn....

Room Tip: Choose opposite end of building to room 306
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank l0calady
Nikki_Rbh, Front Desk Agent at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

It is great to hear you enjoyed the room so much and made use of all the amenities our guest rooms have to offer. We are so lucky to be close to so many great restaurants that deliver straight to our guests!

Although, I sincerely apologize you had such a hard time with the Pillar Point Harbor Foghorn. We hope to welcome you again in the future and are happy to accommodate specific room requests whenever possible. Thank you for your feedback. Safe travels!

Regards,