“First visit to Half Moon Bay”

Fish 'n' Frites - Half Moon Bay
Ranked #39 of 104 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and grandson were starving (so was I) so we parked at the first street parking spot we saw as we entered Half Moon Bay. How lucky it happened to be in front of Fish 'n' Frites? Without any prior research or knowledge of the place we went in and ordered our lunch. We ordered the fried artichoke hearts, shrimp po boy sandwich, cup of clam chowder and the 3 piece cod with fries. I thought the clam chowder was one of the best I've ever had (it certainly had the most clams). The cod fried with peanut oil and tempura batter was hot and perfectly cooked. There was enough food left over for a decent snack when we got home. The only downside was that my wife felt the shrimp po boy was a touch too spicy for her. I thought it was perfect! All in all we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I had the American sub, and it was HUGE and delicious! I only ate half of it. Every one with our group (8 of us) were very impressed!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

In the mood for fish, figured we give it a try. Glad we did. I had the beer battered cod, outstanding, get to pick your own breading, wife had fishwich, which she loved, daughter had shrimp po' boy. Everything was great. Love the little local mom and pop places, beats the chain or fancy stuff anyway. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Popped in to check the place out as it was near our B&B. The place smelled like spoiled cooking oil. The counters were dirty, tables uncleared(It was 4 in afternoon) A man came out of the back, and asked me "whadda ya want?". He wiped his nose along his hand. That was it for me... we did not go there for food.

1  Thank TeresaTeaLady
Reviewed 25 April 2016

You can eat inside the restaurant or outside. Great fish and chips, not your regular, they have cod, salmon, shrimp done the way you like it.