“Very nice house, but sleeping was an issue.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Eric's Landing

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Eric's Landing, Riverfront Yard, Fully Fenced, River View
Eric's Landing, Guest Photo of the River
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Willeb3
Pacifica, California
“Very nice house, but sleeping was an issue.”
Reviewed 22 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Firstly, the folks at Russian River Vacation Homes were great. Friendly and responsive.
The house itself, although only a two bedroom, was more than spacious enough to accommodate my wife and I, along with our three kids who visited for a couple of days. Two big screen TVs, a large dining table and a clean and well stocked kitchen, along with the new Weber grill, made cooking a pleasure. In fact, the entire house was impressively clean. The property was well groomed and completely fenced, allowing our pup room to roam without worry. The canoe and 2 kayaks were great fun, and the dock was a splendid place to sit and sun, or jump into the river, which was a perfect 5.5 feet deep. The pool table downstairs gave us hours of fun, in spite of its being a bit off kilter.
Our only complaint were the beds. The one in the master bedroom was not only very hard but, and I have never encountered this before, noisy. The creaking with every movement made staying asleep a bit of a challenge. The queen bed in the smaller bedroom was better, not noisy, but it, too, was very firm. The two queen size futons in the living room were actually more comfortable for sleeping.
Overall, this house provided us with a pleasant getaway week and helped create good memories with our family.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Layout, amenities and location.
Liked least: The beds.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
30 Sep 2015
Hi all!
Thanks for the review and feedback - we really do appreciate it! We love everything you pointed out as well - including my dog who loves to run around in the back yard at Eric's Landing too! And, consider the owner officially notified about the beds. I'll make sure the message gets through. Beds are a tricky one since everyone likes different firmness and softness, but I think we can all agree on not enjoying squeakiness!

I hope we'll see you again along the river!
Megan Perkins

Reviewed 5 June 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

5 Jun 2013
Hello!
Thank you for leaving a review - I'm happy to respond to your comments. First, we wish you'd let us know about the heater and alarm. We didn't know anything about that during your stay and could have had both addressed - it's why we have an after hours emergency phone number for guests to call when the office isn't open. We apologize for the sticky kitchen surfaces - that should not happen! And we can send a cleaner to a house anytime something is not right with the cleaning.

The photos of the river and dock are during the summer season. We do not make boats available unless the summer dams are in (mid June to mid September this year) and can't promise clear access to the river other times of the year. Unfortunately, your stay in April was right before the deep spring cleaning, re-painting, bathroom remodel and major yard work. It's also during the last of the rainy season and beginning of the warm season when things grown wildly! The garden here is not a manicured english garden, but a more rambling river yard. The dog in the photos is my mutt and she loves running around this yard - around and over the ivy, darting between plants. But, again, if anything is severely wrong at a house when you check in - we want to hear about it! If it escaped us, we'll get it fixed right away!

Megan Perkins
Santa Rosa
Reviewed 12 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

12 Sep 2012
I can just imagine how excited your kids must have been about their first kayak adventure! Eric's Landing is such a great location for playing and relaxing at the river. Thank you for including the photo, and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Lena Hoffman
Russian River Vacation Homes
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing