My partner and I just returned home after 4 nights at The Woods. The landscaping is very nice (great container gardening), the place is clean, and our room was fun - raised cottage overlooking the pool. We were deciding between here and the Russian River Resort (RRR). They are nothing alike. If you are looking for a quiet resort and not a party scene - but close to everything - stay here. If you want the bar, noise, music, and somewhat seedy guests, stay at the RRR. My suggestion is to stay at the Woods and hang out at RRR during the day or at night for fun. The only "issues" we had with The Woods were minor. There is no continental breakfast but the rooms have kitchenettes, so go to the local Safeway and get breakfast food for your stay. The pool wasn't open until close to 10AM some days and closes early. There is not hot tub anymore. There is no amplified music by the pool (can be good or bad depending on your preference). It was almost too quiet but because everything is so close in this town, you can spend some relaxing time here and head across the street to see what insanity is going on at the RRR or the local bar on Main Street at any time. We met some really nice people at The Woods and would be happy to stay again. The staff was helpful when you approached them but weren't much of a presence at all, unlike most resorts we've visited in towns like Key West. This is a quiet town and The Woods is a perfect spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woods Resort is the perfect answer for a relaxing, rejuvenating and (perhaps) slightly "spirited" escape to the Russian River. The Woods, centrally located in downtown Guerneville, is situated between the tall, swaying redwood trees and the hypnotic flow of the splendid Russian River for the ideal getaway.Within walking distance to shops, restaurants, dancing and live entertainment, The Woods Resort sits in a quiet corner bend of Fifes Creek. The serenity of the grounds will enchant and lull you, with rooms and suites outfitted with the highest quality amenities.The Woods Resort offers cottages, free-standing guest cabins and multi-room suites with full kitchens, gas fireplaces, private balconies and stunning views of lush redwood forests. The resort has one of the largest swimming pools in the area, has full sun all day long. With an outdoor fireplace, stone fountains and romantically lighted landscaping, your stay at The Woods is guaranteed to make you forget the chaos of the real world.Your hosts, Michael and Verna, are veterans of the local customer service industry with a familiarity of all the area has to offer in the way of recreation, adventure, wine tasting, dining, spa treatments and entertainment. They are happy to help you plan an exciting, memorable stay at the Russian River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and lastminute.com.au so you can book your The Woods Resort at the Russian River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Hotel Guerneville
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County