Yosemite Westgate Lodge(Groveland)(Great Value!)
USD 204
Hotel Charlotte(Groveland)(Great Value!)
USD 201
USD 190
The Groveland Hotel(Groveland)(Great Value!)
USD 223
Priceline
USD 226
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsgeneral storebedroom villafire pitgreat potentialsaltwater poolboard gamesking roomyosemite valleyflatbreadhot tubrecreation desklamb chopsgames roomsmall platessister resortflat breadrestaurant menu
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I'll start off with the good. For a Yosemite trip, the location is perfect. We left our room one morning and were hiking on the Merced Grove trail less than 10 minutes later. Fabulous. Also, the staff members were relatively friendly and very helpful when prompted. Parking is plentiful, the general store is well stocked and the restaurant is surprisingly good. Not five-star dining, but a nice selection of good eats. The kids had a blast in the very clean pool area where there was plenty of seating and they really enjoyed the ziplines in the nearby play area! We stayed in a villa which was clean and very quiet. It was well appointed with large rooms and functionally decorated.

So why the average rating you ask? I just looked at the current rate for a villa and it's pushing $400 per night (roughly what we paid), not including taxes, fees, or dining. For that rate, I expect immaculate grounds and high end service. It is my understanding that the resort opened in 2016. One would expect a level of polish going into the second year of operation, but the place gives off an under-construction or minimally-maintained vibe that is hard to capture with words. So, I snapped a few pictures (attached) along the path leading from our villa to the main reception area, noting areas that are lacking in maintenance or development. As further expression of this issue, the games in the game room are trashed and barely functional (e.g. - the bumper pool table is missing bumpers, the shuffleboard has an unusable, heavily worn and warped surface, the baseball/pinball machine was non-functional, etc.) I expected far better at this price point. And please, owners, if you decide to comment on this review with a canned statement saying "if you had contacted us to inform of us of the issues, yada yada.", please know that anyone coughing up ~$400/nt is expecting a stay where that type of discussion isn't required.

In summary, Rush Creek Lodge has plenty of potential. The proximity to Yosemite is tough to beat and families will have an absolute blast. Upon check-in, I was told the resort was booked solid during our stay, so they could probably charge even more than ~$400/nt. You'll have a great time, just don't expect a level of refinement offered by peer resorts at this price point.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ramudoi
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived late at night and the front desk was ready to kindly help, the materials used for the whole facility is environment friendly and fit in this unique natural place, the atmosphere was very good and pleasant the price is reasonable for this standard of service which was perfect

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Alfred A
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I was so impressed with this resort! From the minute we arrived, we knew we were settling into a fabulous resort. We booked a 2-BR villa with a King and 2 twins (11B), and were able to check in early, allowing us to put our stuff away and enjoy a half day in Yosemite. The rooms have no TV but it doesn't matter as we spent all of our time outside, at the pool, playing various games like shuffleboard, foosball, ping pong to name a few! My son really enjoyed the zip lines, which I believe are new this year. The hot tub is huge, and the pool is heated so it's comfortable even on a cold March night. The recreation desk was wonderful - they had ideas for us as first-timers at Yosemite, and their suggestions worked out great. Complimentary s'mores every evening is a great touch for kids (and adults too!). The restaurant food was good, but expensive for what you get. The general store had pretty much anything you may need, and good food options. Staff is very attentive to needs as well.

The only negative may be the cold bathroom floors, and our room still hadn't been cleaned by 5pm. Rush Creek Lodge is expensive, so my expectations were high from a room perspective. Ensuring rooms are cleaned by this time should have been a no-brainer. All in all, I would stay here again in a heartbeat as it truly was an awesome stay.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We stayed for three nights in late March. The weather was sensational....as was this hotel. Lovely, friendly staff, great amenities for children, modern facilities that blend into the environment. The pool, the hot tub, the games room, the shop....all were top class. But the highlight (according to my wife) was the massage she received....she could only describe the masseur as being something akin to a 21st century Shamen! The Highlights of Yosemite tour with Lori was terrific too...great to have a guide who loves her job and where she works. Highly recommended. Manager was a top bloke too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018

This was my first trip to Yosemite and full disclosure--I'm not an outdoorsy person. Can't afford the Majestic and really not into the idea of camping (or cabins with canvas roofs in the winter), so I wanted to find a more traditional accommodation for my modern sensibilities. Rush Creek Lodge hit it out of the park. It was pouring rain when I visited which would otherwise ruin a outdoor vacation but the comfort of our room, the amenities of the resort, and the friendly staff really redeemed our trip.

It's super new and beautifully done. Too often mountain resorts have kitschy decor (lots of plaid, exposed wood) but Rush Creek has managed to incorporate its arboreal setting with a modern sensibility that just works. The shower is dream! We took a snowshoeing hike which we arranged with the resort (yes in the pouring rain and it was still amazing) and while some other folks that were on the tour elected to jump in the hot tubs, I hit up our shower and it was sublime. Roomy, lots of hot water, much better than a cabin in the park where we might have to hike for that luxury. No TV in the room but there are some board games, Nat Geo magazines, and books about Yosemite for entertainment. You shouldn't be in your room anyway, well, unless it's raining like mad. The activity lodge had additional things to do like pool, proper games, a fireplace, etc.

The restaurant was superb. The general store had everything...and I mean everything! Winter boots, bathing suits, warm weather gear and all reasonably priced considering you are a captive audience. Stuff for breakfasts and lunches in case you don't want a full sit-down experience. I wish I had bought my souvenirs here instead of going into Yosemite proper. The items here are way more classy and again, well priced.

The staff, which was the same people each day, were warm and accommodating. I'm glad s'more roasting wasn't cancelled due to rain. Clever staff just moved a small fire pit under the overhang of the activities lodge (the big, focal point firepit was a no go but who cares).

I can't say enough great things about this place. I'm already planning my next trip back with friends. One of the best stays ever! <3

Room Tip: Try to get the top floor for the best views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple