“A Hidden Gem for Dinner”

Underwood Bar & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Graton
Price range: USD 0 - USD 25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped into the Underwood while driving through Graton on our way home. The atmosphere is very cozy and comfortable. Their specialty drinks are fabulous as are their beer and wine selections. Most importantly, to us anyway, was their bar and dinner menu. I had the mushroom ravioli and my husband had their hamburger. The sauce on the ravioli was rich and buttery, and the ravioli had just the right amount of mushroom to balance out the ricotta. The hamburger was done exactly as specified and had a great, almost smoky flavor. As the dining rooms became more crowded, the noise level increased drastically. This made conversation difficult, but the flavorful meals more than made up for it. If you like American cuisine, you will enjoy your meal here!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

So much good food here. Service is excellent, wine menu fantastic. I could go on and on about all that. A few caveats: it is noisy and the french fries with the steak-frites are super disappointing (frozen?). And why serve hoisin sauce with steak frites? That was weird. Happily, our server offered other sauces and brought me some.

Otherwise, a favorite place of ours!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

We love this place! Try the Harissa Fries and the burgers - delish! Great wine and beer selections on the menu.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

This could easily become my favorite neighborhood hangout, as it obviously is for lots of other people! Very interesting small plates - I had the flatbread and the chinese broccoli (the sauce was so good, I brought some of it home to use in sauteeing more Chinese veggies. I will specifically go back for that!
Service was a little slow, but this is a place where the staff expects customers to just hand out.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We were In Sonoma County to pick up our wine! !!Based on a recommendation, we enjoyed a wonderful lunch here, My husband had the panko breaded cod sandwich. It was huge, big enough for 2! I had the pizzetta with ham, arugula, cheese and egg, YUMMO!!!!!
There was a good selection of wines and spirits. We were so stuffed, we were not able to try the tempting desserts. The service was slow.