“Breakfast fast and good”
Review of Penny's Diner

Penny's Diner
Ranked #23 of 120 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Though all I had was the breakfast burrito and coffee, I can say both were great, and I would expect the same from any of their breakfast items. Little touches, like the waitress asking if I wanted onions and peppers with my home fries, coupled with her attention to all the tables, told me this was a place you could rely on.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Penny's is sort of like a 1950's diner, not real fancy but clean and friendly. It is really popular with the local community. I personally love their salads, they are very large, delicious and well priced. The staff is pleasant and friendly. It is a real hopping place.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 7 October 2016

We have been enjoying the food and service at Penny's Diner for some time now and I have not written a review before. I check reviews before I go to new places and felt that Penny's deserved to have people know about our customer feedback. We love this place! It is a typical diner, cute decor, usually busy. We eat at Penny's almost every other week and whenever we have family visit, we take them to Pennys. The food is always great! Huge, tasty portions and there is always a nice selection. They have great specials, my favorite is the pork tacos (I buy an extra order to take home!) I am pretty picky about my eggs and they are always cooked to perfection here. The service is quick and very friendly. My only complaint is that they close to early! I would love to see them stay open for dinner.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 6 September 2016

My wife and I travel to Grass Valley once or twice a year and have done so for the last 20 years. During that time we have watched many restaurants come and go and have tried almost all of them for breakfast. The good news is that there are several really good places to go for breakfast in Grass Valley. But, after many years of trial and sometimes error - we have chosen Penny's Diner as our "go-to" breakfast in Grass Valley. It is located at the north end of town in a shopping center so it's a little hard to find the first time. We pulled in last Saturday and found the parking lot full of classic cars and ATV's loaded on trailers. If you wonder where the local Grass Valley folks go for breakfast, there all at Penney's. The family of the lady who owns Penny's are some of the most charming people you would ever hope to meet. As busy as they were, they always had time to great us and help us find the right choice for breakfast. My wife had her standard, two eggs, two pancakes (get the short stack, the others are huge) and bacon. I went with the steak, eggs scrambled and home fries with onions and peppers. Service was quick and the food was excellent. If you are looking for eloquent dining, I can give you some other places you might want to try, if you want good food, served hot, and with a smile, Penny's is the place to go.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Penny's Diner is a friendly, efficient, reasonably priced restaurant, with a fun 50's style décor. I stopped in for a Caesar Salad today and added grilled chicken. It was up there in the top two Caesars I've eaten. I was happy with the salad itself, but found the generous portion of chicken to be perfectly seasoned. I ate it all. Penny, herself has a friendly almost first-name friendliness with her customers, and it was obvious that many of them are regulars. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2016