“Did You See The 8 Layer Chocolate Cake In The Display Case”
Review of Lumberjacks

Lumberjacks
Ranked #28 of 118 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2018

We were all tired, hungry and looking for a great place to rest up on our trip back from Tahoe City. We were coming in on CA 20 and there it was. This place is clearly NOT part of any chain as the entire place has that easy going, can I help you attitude. It is nice to be greeted with a warm smile and friendly disposition.

Three of us all went in the same direction on our lunch selections opting for the 1/2 sandwich and soup or salad meals while our travel compadre waited for his beef fajita wrap. Yes, he had to wait a couple of minutes for it but it was gigantic (so big he took 1/2 of it home).

I especially like the way they approach taking your orders; what can we do to make you happy? Yes, it is a little drive to go up to Nevada City from Sacramento but if you are out and about in the area, I strongly recommend you make your rest/meal stop there. This is what comfort is all about.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Has been quite a while since I've eaten here. There has been improvement. My previous review on the negative side was the pervasive odors of old food on old carpet, inadequately rinsed cleaning rags on tables. Offputting for dining. Very pleased to report that there is hard-surface flooring, cleaned up bathroom. Coffee is fresh and great. Still a real magnet for your large-sized patrons with hearty appetites.
My only negative comment is a .99c charge for a small plastic container of not-fresh salsa for my big omelet! Worth that 2nd try.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

It's a mixed bag. Lots of good menu items for all meals. Food quality is generally very good but not as good as it used to be. Somewhat bland and thrown together. Corffee was bitter and acidy. Really slipped. We were disappointed. The staff is friendly and attentive. Would like to see them go back to the old model of food quality it used to be.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Its a small chain, but this Grass Valley locale never seems to find cooks or service staff that are needed to keep consistency in food and service. On a good day, the breakfasts & lunchs are OK, notihing special. I've only had dinner once and it was too many months ago to even comment on. They do not know how to make an decent eggs benedict- as the hollandiase is crap.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Wife and I visited for lunch. She had b-fast and I the beef-dip sandwich. Locals rave about this location. Parking can be a problem. Be patient.

Go hungry...large portions