“The Original Habit Burger”

The Habit Burger Grill
Ranked #1 of 154 Restaurants in Goleta
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We have eaten at several locations but it seemed fun to see the place where it all started. Parking is easy in the lot behind the restaurant or on the street. Service is through windows one for ordering and one for pickup. They give you a beeper to pick up your order. Seating is outside under a covered awning with a number of tables. The food is great. Service was very friendly. I always order the Santa Barbara char and tempura green beans and my wife gets the chicken sandwich on sourdough with fries. The sandwiches we choose are unique to Habit Burger are really good. Since we don’t live in Habit Burger land we eat there when we are near one.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The Habit is way better than In 'n Out. Great grilled burgers with pepperoncini or hot peppers available. My go-to place when I'm hungry for a burger. And the fries are great, too. Good prices. Also salads and sandwiches.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

When we moved here 26 years ago, this place was recommended as the best burger in town and to this day, it still is. We now eat lettuce wrapped burgers and they are delicious. Great turkey burgers and wonderful fries either regular or sweet potato.
They do a great job with large take out orders which I often did when treating the staff at work or for big meetings.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I stopped off here for a late lunch and was so glad I did! I don't know why I haven't been here before now - there is a segment of the population around here that is absolutely wild about The Habit. It looks unassuming from the outside, but what a loyal and enthusiastic following it has!

WOW! What a great burger! I just got the basic charcoal-grilled cheeseburger and fries, and they were GREAT. There were so many other good things on the menu, with salads, shakes, several different kinds of burgers, sides, etc., that I was wondering what to get, but I thought I'd start out with the basic burger 'n fries, and I loved it. It was fun sitting in the open air out on the shaded patio, too. A real relief from being inside too much.

The burger was only $3.95. I was pleasantly surprised at the economical price.

I parked on the street, went up and ordered at the window, then picked from among a number of empty tables and settled into reading my new Independent while I waited for my food to be cooked. By the time I left at around the beginning of the dinner hour, all the tables had filled up. As I was getting ready to leave, someone asked if he could sit at my table and we struck up a conversation. It's a relaxed, casual atmosphere where this kind of thing could happen.

I don't eat burgers very often, but I would definitely go back here. Now I know that it has salads, veggie burgers, etc., in case I don't feel like eating meat.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Forget In ‘N’ Out. Habit makes the tastiest burgers because they’re grilled over fire. They are seasoned properly and put together with the right sauces and nicely shredded lettuce. Their fries and onion rings are crisp and savory and pair perfectly with house-made Ranch.

I’ve been a customer of the original Goleta Hamburger Habit for nearly 30 years now. I go a few times a year because, let’s face it, a burger is not a daily or even weekly thing in your 50s, but when I get a craving it’s to the Habit I will go.

1  Thank trishway