“Great authentic dishes”

El Sitio
Ranked #65 of 151 Restaurants in Goleta
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 October 2015

A friend recommended this place and I'm so glad I went. The food was delicious. Very flavorful, good portion size and very affordable price. The also serve beer.
I had the #14 Adobado Mixto.

They have a nice patio.

This place must be known by word of mouth as it would be difficult to see driving by.

It is worth a visit! I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Craig-World-Travelle

Reviewed 28 February 2015

Great food, service and ocean view! We had the option of ordering a breakfast or eating from their buffet. We chose breakfast and loved the option of being able to order items individually for our daughters because of a gluten allergy!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

When it comes to El Sitio, I'm afraid I'm pretty much a one-trick pony: I am a devotee of their Rajas Burrito, and rarely do I stray.
This is a burrito with heft to it, truly enough to have them cut in two,and both sharers are almost guaranteed to feel satisfied. I'm not positive, but I believe 'rajas' refers to the way the pasilla chiles & onions are sliced, in strips, then grilled together with a white cheese. But there is more...add to the rajas a heaping serving of beans (pintos) and arroz in a fresh tortilla and 3 kinds of salsas. I always ask for a couple slices of lime to squeeze over the whole thing.
But this is a down-home, local establishment: Don't come when you're in the mood for impeccable table service...this is strictly a counter encounter!
El Sitio will customize your order as you like and charge you reasonable amounts for add-ins such as extra avocado or cheese or...? Definitely like getting 2 meals in one!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Yet again, I couldnt get enough El Sitio on my annual trip to Santa Barbara, I went at least 3 times in 5 days. I really love the pork tacos and adobado tacos. I really love this authentic greasy mexican dive and it never disappoints. This place has plastic chairs with very little spoken english. Perfect for us die hard mexican food fans.

1  Thank CalifGirlie
Reviewed 6 April 2012

A go-to, authentic place with Mexican food. Love the veggie burrito.

Been to El Sitio? Share your experiences!