“Private Ride is the Way to Go”

Triple Creek Horse Outfit
More attraction details
Owner description: World-class trail riding in California's beautiful Wine Country. Guided rides are offered year-round on our string of well-loved, gentle and healthy horses. All rides by reservation only.
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I can't think of a better way to complement our tour of Sonoma wine country then the 1.5 hour private ride that my husband and I shared with Dominic. The horses are great - very responsive and well behaved. Dominic is full of great information and funny jokes. We were able to tour Jack London State Park before and after our ride and we learned quite a bit. If you are wondering whether to do a group ride or private ride, don't second guess, private ride is the way to go.

All reviews
"horseback riding"
in 5 reviews
"novice riders"
in 2 reviews
"i can't think of a better"
"jack london state park"
"deer"
"vineyards"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 15 April 2017

My husband and I are not advanced riders by any means but Dominic was very informative and helpful and the horses were easy to handle. I would recommend this activity for any novice that may be unsure. The ride begins in Jack London State Park. We meandered through vineyards, meadows, and redwood groves with Dominic's commentary about Jack and the flora and fauna. About halfway through, Dominic set up our picnic lunch for us. (They send you a menu prior to your arrival and you choose what you would like) The food was amazing. I was expecting cold cut sandwiches and chips, but when I received the email with my choices I was blown away. This lunch was gourmet! Feta stuffed olives, turkey pesto wrap, fresh fruit salad, and a petit fore for dessert. We continued on our ride after lunch. Dominic was very attentive and constantly asking how we were doing, telling a story, or making jokes. After the ride, we chatted with him for awhile before exploring the park. He gave us the left over food from lunch (you will not go hungry!) and a card that allowed us to get complimentary wine tasting at Benzinger. (1/4mile down the hill from the State Park)

All in all a WONDERFUL experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I'm a fairly novice horse back rider, and our guide, Dominic, was amazing at teaching me some basics and continually checking on me during our 90 minute ride!! He interjected a lot of historical and area information on our ride, and he was friendly and outgoing. I've never felt so comfortable on a trail ride and immensely enjoyed this experience!

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely way to see Jack London state park. My husband and I had a wonderful ride thru the park yesterday morning with Dominic. Horses (who we learned were mostly rescue horses) were well behaved and well groomed... Clearly well treated as evidenced by their shiny coats and the drink they were used to getting before we left . A thoroughly enjoyable experience with lovely views of vineyards and redwoods!

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 August 2016

My boyfriend and I decided to do this while staying in Sonoma. Our guide Dominic was really nice and helpful. We had booked the 90 minute ride and ended up on the ride for closer to two hours, and that didn't include the time getting oriented before we began the ride. It also included a free tasting at Benzinger winery down the road, which was a great perk. The horses were adorable and clearly well taken care of. Dominic was really knowledgeable about the history of the park and Jack London, which added a nice touch to the tour.

1  Thank AbbyDC