Review Highlights
Some very good, very affordable wines here

Pedroncelli Winery is on Canyon Road (go west after exiting 101 north of Healdsburg before Dry... read more

Reviewed 1 December 2018
thetravelorganizer
Tega Cay, South Carolina
Been here before

Wer decided to try here again for some interesting wines. The wines are more reasonably priced... read more

Reviewed 4 June 2018
geraldh463
Fox Island
via mobile

All reviews canyon road sonoma county fourth generation easy drinking affordable wines tasting room great wine sauvignon blanc beautiful grounds winery lizzy zin cab wineries member california picnic
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I was on a tour, we took our lunch from the General Store and had it here. We shared a bottle of Friends red (red table wine) while dining. It was delicious and I purchased a bottle that I cannot wait to open with my friends back home. The tasting area is small but I also like that out of 16 or so wines to taste, we were allowed to pick the 6 or 7 we wanted to try. If you are there with a partner you don't mind swapping glasses with you can tag team and try all around the tasting menu. Great wines, good times, one of my favorite stops of the day and I would return and recommend anyone stop in.

Date of experience: July 2017
Ed S, Owner at Pedroncelli Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

So nice of you to take time to take time to mention us! I'm glad you had a good experience, and hope you'll come back again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Stopped in at the recommendation of friends. Very nice tasting room with a nice variety to sample. Especially enjoyed the Port, but all were pretty good.

Date of experience: August 2017

Thanks for dropping by, and thank your friends for mentioning us! I hope you'll stop in again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Pedroncelli is unique among most of it's winery peers. It harks back to the earliest days of Dry Creek Valley wine making, and is now owned and operated by the third and fourth generation family members. J.Pedroncelli acquired it in 1927 (imagine the faith and courage to buy a vineyard and winery during Prohibition!!!). A lot of Sonoma County wine making "firsts" happened at J.Ped - but they're too humble to brag about it (they should!).
The family spirit and longevity show when you visit. This is the way wineries were "back in the day" (before wine became so trendy and snooty). Likely you will meet a family member in the tasting room or on a tour. It's a relaxed place to enjoy and learn about wine. You don't have to worry about the nose, bouquet or legs to enjoy your wine!! As I heard someone say, they make wine to drink and enjoy, not as museum pieces. That's a compliment!!
Regarding the wine, J.Ped is most well known for their Reds: Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon. If you're visiting on a hot summer day, try their dry Rose of Zinfandel. Good stuff. For white wine lovers, the Sauvignon Blanc is good too.

Date of experience: July 2017
Pedroncelli, Owner at Pedroncelli Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words. We are glad you enjoy the pace of of life and the wines! Come back soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This was our second visit to Pedroncelli and as expected, it didn't disappoint. The wine was terrific and the tasting was fun and informative.

As we were working through our list, we mentioned that we were in California celebrating our 10th anniversary. We quickly moved on to other topics and finished our tasting. Then as we were checking out, a gentleman who's name I'm sorry I don't remember, appeared from the back with a 2007 vintage Cab. An anniversary gift! It was so unexpected and incredibly generous, we didn't know what to say other than thank you (repeated several times.)

The wine of course is outstanding, but that type of personal interest and generosity when it comes to customers just doesn't happen. (Except at Pedroncelli)

It's a beautiful spot with great wine. I can't promise you a free bottle, but it's well worth the visit anyway.

Date of experience: May 2017
Ed S, Owner at Pedroncelli Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for stopping by during your celebration. Happy anniversary, and hope you'll come back soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We had the most amazing experience my nephew just turned 21 and they gave him a bottle of wine. Who does that today,they were so knowledgeable answered all questions. Great wine I can even buy it in Florida. Came outside to help us take a family picture. Just wonderful amazing people. Thanks Gary!!

Date of experience: July 2017
Ed S, Owner at Pedroncelli Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Happy birthday!