“Korean BBQ with a Wide Variety”

Yellow Cow Korean BBQ
Ranked #32 of 313 Restaurants in Gardena
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We stopped by the Yellow Cow Korean BBQ because our 'regular' KBBQs in Gardena were closed on New Years Day. We were pleasantly surprised that the BBQ was great. The meats were marinated well and there is a wide variety of items on the lower-priced menu of $28.99. They only allow two meat orders at a time and the ribs are only one strip per person, but I understand as there can be a lot of waste with some diners.

The service was very quick. We tried ribs, chopped sirloin, spicy pork belly, small & large intestines. But of course there are plenty of other meats and even soups on the menu. There are good side orders, including beets that I don't see often. The place is a little cramped in the back room where we sat and it got very hot very quick because someone asked to have the door shut since the large trash can was just outside the back door.

Service: Excellent (quick too)
English: Yes, very good
Food: Excellent
Variety: Excellent
Drinks: Yay, they serve Coke!
Cost: A little high ($28.99 ea)

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Yellow Cow has very good traditional Korean food. We were craving Korean food after arriving at LAX from the Bahamas, and found Yellow Cow. The quality of the meat was very good with great selection of meat cuts (not AYCE). We had the beef belly, which I would highly recommend, and the prime boneless short rib (kot sal). The combinations have the option of two casseroles or ramen, which is a very nice touch and differentiated. Also, Yellow Cow serves great banchan (side dishes). However, Yellow Cow is a little more expensive than other really good Korean restaurants in SoCal. For example, Yellow Cow charges $5 more for the prime boneless short rib, which is worth it. The service is pretty good for a Korean restaurant. Overall, great Korean food that I would highly recommend, and we've been back again.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

In a typical LA shopping center--don't let that fool you--fantastic, freshly prepared food; definitely go for the biggest meal option!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I was visiting friends in LA and asked to find some good Korean food. This place was just what I was hoping for. Nothing fancy about this decor though clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly, not everyone spoke english adding to the authenticity of the restaurant. The FOOOOD, we were a party of 4 and ordered for 3-4 people- ended up being way to much for us to finish. We had beef, chicken and shrimp, thankfully they check on you often to make sure you're cooking the meats correctly. It was delicious and fun meal with friends. I would next time just get a bipimbap- that was my hands down favorite part.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Visited with Korean Friend, so he was in charge of what to order. From what I could tell, the beef quality served is better than other KBBQ , in the area. can get noisy, but i was there for the food and really enjoy it