“Birthday Dinner!”

Cuisines: American, Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

This place is located in Gardena. This food is good authentic Chinese food. I suggest you try the Peking duck and the fish maw soup. This place is good for big family and friends. The price is affordable and the serving is generous.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

I had to go here when a family member picked this place for a get together. The first thing I noticed was the B grade in the window. The restaurant was not busy and yet the service was poor. Requests were forgotten or delayed. Food is just average for a Chinese restaurant. Needs to get their Grade up to an A.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

You are immediately impressed when you approach their front door and there is a small moat containing many large goldfish. Once you enter, directly in front of you, you are then even more impressed by their many large tanks of live seafood waiting for you to order and their chefs to prepare - that's fresh! On my visit there were two of the largest live king crabs that I have ever seen walking around their tanks. (cheers to the party that orders those!)

This is authentic Chinese cuisine - from shark's fin soup to barbecued pork (Chinese style) to abalone to crab/prawns/scallops/oysters/squid/cod/sole to clay pot dishes to sizzling platters. No worries for those who don't like seafood - they have plenty of beef/chicken/pork/vegetable dishes as well. Also Peking duck carved right at your table.

Asian locals know about this place; give it a try. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

The Sea Empress was crowded with Chinese diners. We were the only Caucasians. That is the best recommendation one could give to a Chinese Restaurant.
At $20 (a Special), the Peking Duck was excellent. The Walnut Shrimp was better than excellent, done absolutely perfectly, The Baby Bok Choy with Garlic was also wonderful.
Watching all the dishes come out for other tables I was certain that I could order anything from the menu and it would be superb. I live in Guangzhou much of the year and there is no better Restaurant there. Enough said. 5 Stars.!

2  Thank AtlantaTraveller1836
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

First time ever to eat this sort of food. It was a little overwhelming if you don't know the drill. They sit you down and the carts start rolling a round you with a bunch of ladies asking you what you want off their cart. I didn't have too much time to read the menu card.
But I grabbed a few things and it was pretty good.
Loved the BBQ pork, wings, egg rolls and a few more things I didn't know what they were.
So it was definetly an experience and seemed very popular at it was very busy. I would go back. And now that I know what to expect I'm sure the next visit will be more fun!