“Birthday Dinner”

Ranked #30 of 453 Restaurants in Garden Grove
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 2 November 2016

First time ever, and the Hotel gal where we stayed recommended this restaurant, My kids and husband of course and myself loved it...We live in San Diego and will definitely drive back down in December to have dinner again.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

For several years I have listened to my coworkers rave about this place. We come in town once a year for a trade show and they always make it a point to come here. This year I was able to come with them and try this place for myself. We were a party of about 15 and we kept our waiter busy. I don't think I have eaten that much in quite a while. We had a bit of everything and I loved it all. We all had a good time and I hope I will get to come again

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I've been to this restaurant many times. Located just off Garden Grove Blvd in a strip mall. When you walk in you're seated promptly ... if they're not another full... this is a pretty popular place. Immediately you servers start bringing you the side dishes that Korean BBQ places are known for... Kimchi, etc. The can't overstate on how great the service is here. The staff is constantly checking on you to see if you need anything... there is no skimping on anything... you want it and the servers will bring it to you. I like sliced garlic... like magic it appears. You prepare the food on your grill at your table... just keep on eating and ordering... delicious. They have a little ice freezer where you can go and make yourself an ice cream cone... it might be a little unsanitary ... access to everyone and the scoops are in murky water... but... have Hite beer and your worries will go away. I like this place... like the service... like the price... and most of all like the food.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

We decided to veer off the well traversed path, and chose Korean food for a change of pace. So we Yelped for the highest rated establishments for this type of food, and of course it had to be Garden Grove, for it is a well known fact that there are plenty of Korean places in Korean Town. Initially we chose another place, but lo and behold, they were close on Mondays (which clearly proved to me that paying closer attention to details as such is important). With no plan B, we settled for the closest BBQ Korean to the empty parking lot we found ourselves in, and that also had a 4 Star as a minimum, and that became this place.
Time was around 6PM and we were seated promptly. This place was All You Can Eat, but they bring your choices to the table, at a rate of $18.99 per person. We chose Beef, Pork and Chicken for the first round, plus they had already set up small sides typical for Korean BBQ. 4 of us also got soup, 3 to choose from, and sodas we asked for were $1 a can, which we all agreed was a great little deal.
Meats all tasted the same to us, not the leanest cuts, and a fair share of unwanted, or better still, un chewable parts. Sides were a discovery of sorts, in the variety presented, many on the sweet side, including their own version of a potato salad. Yes, you can eat till you burst, if so desired, but overall quality of meats, and taste left a little to be desired. Service not too far away, with the male staff appearing to be a little nicer than the female staff?
Ice Cream, indeed, very refreshing and quite the addition for how satisfying it was, green tea worth several trips if so desired. Easy to digest, average meats, unkempt restrooms, it had its moments, but probably will not be returning any time soon for more. Final bill with gratuity a little over $100 for our party of four. 3 Stars.

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit to Cham Sut but it certainly won't be my last. What really impressed me about this restaurant is the attentive staff. They come around quite often and are quite helpful. We finished our banchan and asked for more kimchi. The server, however, just brought out additional sides and enough for both sides of our table.

The price is 18.95 pp for all-you-can eat KBBQ. Meats range from chicken to bulgolgi and brisket. Soup/salad is also included. Afterwards, help yourself to some ice cream (green tea is a must) to round off the meal.

Highly recommend.