“My favourite Hilton garden”

Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
ipswich
“My favourite Hilton garden”
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I am writing this review having just checked out and had yet another great stay at this hotel.
I have reviewed this hotel before and have stayed here many times over the last 11 years and is always my choice of hotel for this area. but after reading the negative review a few back just thought I'd add my recent thoughts.
It's a really friendly hotel the staff are exceptional especially the breakfast staff, they are really lovely.
The hotel is clean and well maintained although we actually had problems with our toilet not working properly but it was dealt with and they even left a gift in our room to say sorry and bought us breakfast.
Location is great and parking has never been a problem, all in all it's a great choice for this area it's also a little quieter than the hotels nearer to Disney. One final thing the breakfasts are really good I wish the chef could cook my breakfast every morning! We would stay here again no doubt.

• Stayed December 2011
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
I want to thank you for your amazing loyalty! 11 years in a row staying us, wow you have been with us since the beginning! Thank you for the great comments about the team and the cleanliness of the rooms, most notably the kind comments about our tasty food and service in breakfast. We can't allow the cook to go home with our guests, otherwise we wouldn't have anyone to cook the exceptional breakfasts for all of our future guests!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn this year while we visited Disneyland for Thanksgiving. The check-in was speedy, the staff was really friendly to my family and the breakfast was great and filling. I was so pleased to know we could get a hot filling meal to order instead of just juice and muffins as many hotels serve for breakfast. The cook even remade an omlet for me when it tasted funny. I felt terrible about it and was not going to say anything but our server insisted on making it right. I really didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I was glad they took good care of us at breakfast.
The room was basic and very clean. It wasn't anything overly fancy and had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable and had some sort of adjustment system that we couldn't figure out. We pushed the button and didn't notice a difference. I think the pillows were even more comfortable than the bed. We stayed on the 4th floor and had no issue with the elevator working effectively. There was rarely a wait to go up or down.
Instead of driving to Disneyland we purchased a shuttle pass for our family. It made it's rounds about every half an hour. The shuttle could use a little clean- up. It is a regular bus but some of the seats were damaged and looked like it had not been cleaned or detailed in years. While you can purchase tickets for this, I don't believe they are affiliated with Hilton hotels, so I do not think this should impact my review for the stay.
We will definately look at staying here again in the future. Thanks for a nice time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank toyrosie
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay with us! We are glad our team was able to provide the kind of service that would warrant such kind words from our guests. Since your review I have addressed the cleanliness issue with the shuttle company that provides the transportation and they have fully detailed and cleaned the bus and we setup a monthly audit of the bus to ensure it stays clean for our future guests.
San Lorenzo, CA
Reviewed 10 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday. The room was very clean and comfortable, and the hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. Although the hotel was obviously very full with guests, we did not hear noise at night in the hallway while sleeping. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for mentioning how quiet our hotel is, even during the high leisure rush times! We take great pride in being able to offer a nice quiet, relaxing stay to all of our guests, even with Disneyland being less than a mile away!
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed here one night with my son during a recent visit to Disneyland.

This property is pretty dated, but it's located a short (driving) distance from Disney. The bathrooms and hallways are generally old. But the room was quiet - we had good quality sleep (which is the most important to me).

The service in the restaurant for breakfast was very good and the check-in process was fast.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
SNAGG-GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
We are glad that you had a good nights rest on our specially made sleep system bedding and that the service we provided was very good. Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about how we are doing.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Unclean, smelly public areas, bubble gum smelling hallways like i had not smelled them in the last 30 Years! No service of any kind, no bar, no restaurant, no movies in the room. The 1970's in-room heater unit (!!!!) makes noises like a locomotive. The pantry looks like a supermarket in the Soviet Union in the 80's. Really an embarassement to the Hilton name!! I am sure Paris never stayed here!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ennio p
The response you have posted is most troubleing to me and I apologize for the impression that we left with you. As you can see by the majority other postings, we take great pride in our service and accomodations, so your particular stay and impression is not indicitive of the culture we have set at our property. I am researching the comments made, I have never heard or witnessed a bubble gum smell and the heating/AC units all function from a wall thermostat and the majority of the units have been replaced within the last four years. Please feel free to give me a call or email me so I may have the opportunity to discuss these issues with you in further detail. I can be reached at 714.703.9100 or by emailing keith.moses@hilton.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove
0.1 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Garden Grove

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!