3,951 results
All reviewsnorth towerkids suiteoc brewhousetennis courtsfire pitorange countyacross the streetbunk bedsself parkingkids eat freeguest servicesper daydisney shuttlealways on timehotel is beautifulking suiteevery half hour
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Our 5 night stay in August was fantastic! We had a beautiful and clean room, with a view of the pool. We took a break from the Disneyland crowds for lunch and came back to the hotel to swim and eat. Our kids loved the pool, and at that time of the day, it wasn't crowded at all. The Target across the street saved us money as we bought some simple groceries there for our lunches. If the Pizza Hut Express is closed, there is one just down the street across from Target with great prices. The shuttles were always on time and the drivers were wonderful! The concierge was always helpful and made sure we had everything we asked for. I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank maggiemam
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2009

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, staff and services during your recent stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future, and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback!

Reviewed 7 September 2009

My partner & I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a few nights in August.
From the second we reached the check in desk, the staff were extremely courteous & helpful making us aware of the various shuttle services provided by the hotel to local attractions such as Disneyland & shopping malls aswell as allowing us to check in early at no extra cost.

The room was located at a very quiet end of a corridor on the 10th floor with a large window & lovely bright view of the streets below aswell as the pool area.
The room was a generous size, absolutely spotless & the bed was one of the softest, most comfortable i've ever slept on, something that is 100% necessary after a huge day at Disneyland.

Upon our departure, a very helpful staff member organised our transfer to our next location, phoning around the get us the best deal he could, which ended up with us getting a reasonably priced town car service taking us directly to our hotel.

The location of the Hyatt was fantastic, approximately a 10 minute bus ride away from Disneyland, its family or couple friendly, has great dining within the hotel itself & offers fantastic deals.

I would definitely stay here again aswell as recommend it to many other people.
I have stayed at Hyatt hotels before & have never felt as welcome as I did here.
5 star service outside of a 5 star hotel is very rare these days & this Hyatt did not fail to please!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shayd_Lady

We are glad to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us, and experienced the superior customer service that Hyatt prides itself on. We truly appreciate such positive feedback, and hope we have the pleasure of having you back soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2009

We originally had a 4 night reservation at the Portofino but I read some good reviews about the Hyatt so we switched at the last minute. Stayed in a kids suite in the North Tower and the room was perfect. Kids loved their "private" room (with bunk beds) which gave the parents some quite time alone too. Only drawback was the parents room didn't have a window. Overall, the hotel was very clean, bright and spacious. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Shuttle to/from Disney was quick and convenient. Restaurants were very good for dinner and breakfast and the Target across the street allowed us to load up the in-room fridge. Paying for parking and internet was unfortunate, but didn't break the bank. Both pools were perfect to relax by. Really can't think of any complaints and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank glenwood96

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Orange County for your recent visit to Disneyland. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Kids Suite, as well as services such as the complimentary shuttle. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and hope to have you back as our guests again soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt for 7 nights in early August and it was very crowded. We had a standard room in the South Tower (you can request a refrigerator which we had) but the room was less than 3 star quality really needing to be renovated. Housekeeping was horrible begging for shampoo/soap and had to purchase soap at target as they refused to restock. Even though the hotel was sold out a couple nights we found the Hyatt to be quiet as many hotels are not. The shuttles were always on time, a/c buses and trip to DL was less than 10 minutes. . I am sure after their renovations the hotel will be worthy of 4 stars as they do have a Pizza Hut Express, Starbucks, 2 small pools, hot tubs and a restaurant and lounge. The gift was shop was tiny and expensive. There is a large Target store across the street which carries everything including food/wine. We mainly were at Disney but one day did the OC Beach Tour which was fabulous!! Very informative and fun. You can get off at any of the 3 stops and spend a few hours or half a day as we did at Newport Beach and do the Harbor Tour, go swimming, have lunch and Laguana Beach which was fabulous for lunch and shopping. I highly recommend the OC Beach Tour. Had several dinners at Disney, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen which was excellent. Across the street from Hyatt is a Joe's Crab Shack which is fun and the food is ok. Next door is a Outback Steakhouse and a Red Robin. The burgers at Red Robin were beyond delicious. A great restaurant I wish there was a chain in CT. I have traveled to Disney in Orlando dozens of times and was surprised that most if not all the restaurants in Disney and near the hotel close at 10pm on weekdays and 11pm on weekends. There are many hotels surrounding the Hyatt that I probably would consider for next visit. Would only stay again if I found an incredible low rate and the renovations were finished..

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2009

Thank you for providing valuable feedback regarding our hotel and services. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and complimentary shuttle to Disneyland. As you noted, we are currently in the process of updating all of our guestrooms, and hope that you will come back and visit us again once renovations are complete.

Reviewed 23 August 2009

I arrived for my third visit to this hotel on 7th August 2009. I was 10 hours late after a flight delay from London. My room had been booked and pre-paid for via a Virgin Holidays package, but when I arrived at 05.20am (understandably exhausted) I was told that my room had been allocated to other guests . Reason? I was late and the hotel was full as there was apparently a lot of renovations going on. I was offered a free breakfast and an alternative 'room'.
The room turned out to be a living room between 2 suite bedrooms (which were occupied). The room had a sofa bed with enough bedding for one person - there were two of us so I slept in an armchair...
Later that morning when I went back to the front desk, I was told there was now a room for me. I asked whether the free breakfast was all the compensation I would be given for the inconvenience caused - to which the response was "yes". I then asked to speak to a manager, who proceeded to first of all claim that I had only paid for 13 nights (not true) and then tell me it was my fault for the because I "checked in at 05.00am" (not acceptable). I then consulted the Virgin travel representative who arranged a new hotel for me.
The hotel obviously has some good points as it was to be my third stay of probably many more. However it will be my last as the treatment I received was stressful and the manager's refusal to sympathise for his team's errors was totally unacceptable.
PS. The Hyatt did refund the money paid for my first night back to Virgin, which I now have to write and claim for...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends