3,978 results
All reviews north tower kids suite oc brewhouse tennis courts fire pit orange county across the street bunk beds self parking kids eat free guest services per day disney shuttle always on time hotel is beautiful king suite every half hour
Reviewed 4 September 2008

Stayed here for a fortnight in August with partner and two children aged 12 and 9 and overall were prettty impressed.

Location of hotel is excellent re Disneyland, nearby restaurants (eg Bubba Gumps, Outback, and plenty others), Target store (literally across the road). Shuttle to Disney (including Downtown Disney) runs every half hour with an extra bus available at busy times and always really prompt starting early and running late.

Try out the Anaheim Garden Walk for places to eat. About 800 yards from Disney and about a mile from the hotel so really easy to walk. Walking is really acceptable here and you feel safe.

Room in hotel was OK though it was a little cramped for four people. Standard of cleaning was OK but not brilliant. Read a few reviews where people staying for longer periods were upgraded from standard rooms but don't bank on this as it never happened to us. Staff on reception and concierge desk were OK, though sometimes it all comes across as a little false.

Big downside was conferences in hotel. We had conference of approx 250 people whilst staying there for four days which meant at various times the restaurant, bar, Starbucks, Pizza Hut and the lifts were virtually unusable. A lot quicker just to go out of the hotel and get food etc elsewhere. Another conference for four more days was due to start the day we left so it appears to be a regular thing rather than just "unlucky". We also had a beauty pageant at the hotel the first wekend which although it was interesting meant again that Starbucks, Pizza Hut and the pools were completely cramped. A lot of the "contestants" weren't stating at the hotel but were obviously being let into the pool area by their friends. This would be OK but the pools were both small.

Be warned (and in their defence the hotel do warn you) the bottles of water provided in your room are $5.00 each.

Overall we really enjoyed the holiday but if we were to return to Anaheim would not stay in this hotel again, because although Virgin Holidays plug it as a big favourite of theirs it is quite obviously aimed at the conference market which is fine but not when you are on a family holiday.

1  Thank rich23
Reviewed 1 September 2008

All the staff at the Hyatt were extremely friendly and helpful. Location was great, near enough to the Disneyland resort without being on top of it.

Only slight downside was that the elevators were really busy most evenings on our return from sightseeing, theme parks, etc due to the several conferences which were being held at the hotel.

We had a room in the South Tower which was clean and perfect for our needs and the pools were good.

We will definitely visit Anaheim again and will stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed 28 August 2008

We'd read lots of negative things about this hotel but I can honestly say it's not that bad. Stayed for 9 nights, me and my hubby and two lads, 14 and 12. The room was okay. We didn't plan to live in it. They charge for everything but at least they let you know (bottles of water in room tell you they'll cost 5 dollars). The hotel is really well placed for the Disneyland themeparks, The free shuttle bus is a godsend. Hire a car and you can go anywhere. Hollywood, Beverley Hills, downtown LA (something else!) and the beautiful beaches.

We had a fantastic time; never a dull moment and still didn't see everything. Check out the local supermarkets. Vons does a 3 day pass to Disneyland for 99 dollars (on the stands where they sell their phone and gift cards).

Would definitely go back and would stay in same hotel. And yes, it seems to have loads of conferences going on all the time - loads of rowdy and drunk delegates - but it just adds to the ambience. Ate at restaurant once but nothing to write home about. Nicest guy is Mike the concierge - black guy. Genuinely helpful and Mark (I think - guy with glasses - doesn't forget what he's promised to do for you the minute he turns his back like some of them).

It's just what it says on the tin; a reasonable, reasonably priced hotel.

1  Thank Debbie_and_family
Reviewed 26 August 2008

My story starts with booking through Priceline. I was able to get a room at a great rate. I called the hotel the day of my check in to let them know I would be checking in late and would like a non smoking room. They confirmed my late check in and said they had reserved a non smoking room.

After a day at DL we went to our hotel for some much needed sleep. At check in I was greeted by friendly staff who quickly advised me we had been upgraded to the executive VIP suite. The only problem was they had to move the beds out. They assured me that housekeeping would be moving the beds back in. When I asked about the beds they did tell me they were similiar to roll away beds but were just as comfortable as the beds in the other rooms. For my inconvenience they comped my breakfast and parking. We headed up to the room and what we found was a conference room. They had put my family in the center of a Suite only giving us access to the conference room! Housekeeping showed up to roll in the 4 twin roll away beds. The most uncomfortable beds I have ever had the displeasure to lay in. Not only were the beds uncomfortable, there was not enough room for the 4 roll aways but they could not move out any furniture! Housekeeping was great to us and understood we were very upset with the situation. Housekeeping delivered candy, popcorn and soda to our room. Kudos to Housekeeping for understanding how to treat a guest.

I called Priceline to ask what they could do to get me out of the conference room. After all they Hyatt told me this was my only option. To my surprise Priceline contacted the hotel management and was able to get us a new room with beds. Imagine that! Priceline did tell me Hyatt would like their breakfast coupons back. I intentionally left them in the room and went to get my new keys. This is where the fun begins. The night manager was fuming when I arrived. The first thing he asked for was the breakfast coupons back. When I told him I left them up in the room he became angry and told me I must bring them back. The coupons were part of the compensation for giving us the room we had. He then scolded me for calling priceline saying I did not have to do that. I explained to him I had every right to call priceline for assistance. Once again he demanded the breakfast coupons back. I told him I did not want them and his repsonse was well you certainly must want them or you would have brought them down. At this point we were just yelling back and forth. I have never been treated this way! He then advised me I would need to call him as soon as I was in my new room so he could send housekeeping up to check the room. I assured him we had not touched anything to which he responded, well you were up there for some time.....I explained to him being in customer service myself I was amazed at how I was being treated. I let him know how dissatisfied I was to which he responded Have a nice night.. very sarcastically.

The next morning we went and talked to the new manager on shift. She was excellent apologized again and again. She took care of our room and promised this would never happen to us again. Unfortunately for the Hyatt, It won't because I just refuse to stay there ever again. It was the first time we did not stay at the Embassy Suites across the parking lot. I would recommend to anyone reading this to stay far away from the Hyatt and head over the the Hilton Embassy Suites. Extremely clean and very friendly.

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank racoon1
Reviewed 24 August 2008

Very clean, bright, convenient hotel. Excellent concierge service. For a property so close to Disneyland, and offering free shuttle service, it was thankfully not overrun with tots and Mickey Mouse insignia, so would be a very good choice for business travellers. Very small, unexciting swimming pool. Convenient location for highway access; on the edge of the cluster of hotels serving Disneyland. Lots of quality for a reasonable price.