3,975 results
All reviews north tower kids suite oc brewhouse tennis courts fire pit orange county across the street bunk beds self parking kids eat free guest services per day disney shuttle always on time hotel is beautiful king suite every half hour
Reviewed 16 February 2012

WOW! After staying on property at Disney in Florida (and not being impressed) we decided to save money and try Hyatt in California. I travel weekly and I have to say I am not easily impressed, but this hotel is amazing-- in fact, we are still here but I could not wait to write a review.

We are staying here after 7 days at the Hyatt in Maui and all of us said the same thing-- this is better than the resort we just came from....and that one is pretty stunning.

So the main points are these:
-the kids went WILD for the gorgeous bunks and they had their own TV (this was a huge hit)
-the room service was fantastic
-wonderful staff- above and beyond
-updated furnishings and great TVs
-bus to and from park was SO convenient

For the money, I cannot imagine a better hotel for your Disney stay. My kids even opted to leave the park early yesterday just to come back and play in the bunk beds...so that says a lot for two little girls who don't often get to an amusement park.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation of the hotel! We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed the amenities of your guest room, staff, and shuttle service to Disneyland. We are happy that you experienced the level of customer service that Hyatt prides itself on. Thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

After my atrocious stay with the Best Western Meridian Inn & Suites (and consequently giving a bad review and then having one of the employees make a secret profile and verbally attacking me via message on TripAdvisor), I decided to stop looking for hidden gems. Let's face it...you get what you pay for. Hyatt was what I expected and more. Since crossing Best Western off my list of even 'par' places to stay at, I decided to spring for quality and stayed at the Hyatt. Five stays later, I honestly can say I probably will not stay any where else.

My boyfriend and I even purchased a Disneyland Annual Pass because we loved our experiences in Orange County with the Hyatt so much. So far we've been here for Thanksgiving, New Years & a few other holidays (a total of 6 times in a year & a half) and the service is impeccable. Spot on with their reputation and they never miss a beat. From the front desk service to the bar service, everything is genuine and accommodating. Everything can be billed to the room, as to not fumble around with wallets and cards or cash. There is a Starbucks in the lobby (convenient if you are a med student like me and need to study while you travel) that has fantastic hours. The parking is approximately $15/day, but there is in & out privilege. The grounds are clean, well cared for and well-lit. The lobby is breathtaking at night. I have never had a terrible stay here. They also have a free Disneyland shuttle that leaves & picks up every half hour (can't beat that). They call you by name when you call to the front desk or when you eat at their restaurants.

One visit, we kept forgetting to take the Privacy Please notice off our door (for this particular trip we stayed for approximately 4 days) and at the end of the 3rd day, someone called our room (which we missed), and then 3 minutes later a knock at the door. When we opened the door, a young man was standing at the door and asked us if everything was alright. We said "Yes, thank you", and he said they were just checking up on us. We figured that since they had not heard from us, they wanted to check and see if everything was OK in the room (which I think is an awesome policy). Better to check up on me than find me 4 days later unresponsive in the room.

To sum it up, this is the place to be if you want fantastic service and clean and classy quarters.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Wow, thank you for being such loyal guests of the hotel! We truly appreciate your business. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Starbucks, atrium lobby, and service from our staff. Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation of the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest for years to come!

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stayed her during a conference @ the Ananheim convention center. Overall the facility is very good. Rooms are well appointed and confortable. Facility is very well maintained. One nice feature which seems minor but was thoughtful is providing toothpaste - something that often gets forgotten in the age of TSA

The only downside is the 25 min walk to the convention center and 5 - 10 min more to Disney.

If you don't mind the shuttle and having a very nice room is your priority this is a good choice

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the facility, guest rooms, and amenities. Thank you for your recommendation of the hotel, and we hope to have you back as our guest – whether for business or for pleasure!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've stayed here many times over the years.

It's sad to see the changes in the name of corporate standardization.Through the past few years this property has seen a number of changes, aside from the facade it could be any big hotel in any city. There is absolutely nothing to make it stand out from any other choice, the restaurants are uninspiring, the layout is corporate and the service is very middle of the road.

They have fees for parking, for the shuttle, and for the Internet. One friend suggested that they'll soon be charging for bags. As it seems they've adopted many of the airlines business practices, he may have a point.

I would suggest checking all the competing hotels in the area, using this one only if it is discounted deeply.

When there is nothing to set a property apart why choose one over the other except for the price?

When comparing to other properties in the area, make sure to factor in the fees?

Room Tip: Use the internet to check similar hotels in the area. Decide by price they're all the same.
1  Thank pacair
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for being such loyal guests of the hotel, and we truly appreciate your business. We apologize that your last stay with us did not meet your expectations. Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us, and if there are any other issues you would like to discuss in further detail, please contact our Rooms Executive, Shane Nicolopoulos at (714) 740-6036 or shane.nicolopoulos@hyatt.com. We value your opinion, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest again.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I wanted to try something new and different this time after having stayed at the Hilton for many years so I had great expectations based on the reviews I red in the past. Also the fact that Hyatt is quite far from the Anaheim Convention Center is somehow an investment that you have to make in time and effort to get to the Convention Center. When you come into the hotel you get that great feeling and it has a really nice lobby and entrance, no question about that. I really like the interior design in the lobby and also the restaurants which are nicely weaved into the lobby. Well, I checked in and the staff was very helpful and I asked about a nice a quiet room away from those elevators, ice machines and storage rooms because in the end you want to have a good night’s sleep. My room was on the 12th floor so you couldn’t hear any noise from the traffic but there were something else – watch out for those big fans on the roof because they will get to you somehow, the noise is not loud but painful anyway. The first impression of the room was ok but when I looked closer I can tell you that it needs to be refurbished. Bathtub (who uses that today) and the colors are really boring and “grey”. What I cannot understand is why hotels almost always have a wall-to-wall carpet instead of a nice hygienic wooden floor. The other advantage that was claimed was that the room had an “air purifier” and that sounds great at first. When I switched it on I noticed that it was dirty and full of dust both on the machine itself and around it (of course I have a picture). This is of course not acceptable, the room should be really clean and nice – after all I am paying for that. I went down to the reception and told my story and of course the lady behind the counter was “so sorry” (yeah, right) and she was going to tell the staff to clean it and also make sure that the manager would contact me. I was there for almost 5 days and nobody contacted me and to me it feels like they do not care at all which is a shame, because the overall impression will get a much lower rating because of this behavior. My recommendation to the staff and the manager is to not forget who is paying the bill and make sure to follow through when you promise something.

2  Thank Lamboswede
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay. We take these claims seriously. We appreciate you letting us know so that we may address them. This is not the Hyatt level of customer service and detailed accommodations that we expect all of our guests to receive. Please reach out to our Rooms Executive, Shane Nicolopoulos at (714) 740 – 6036 to discuss the situation in further detail and see if there is a way that we can rectify the situation and have you back as our guests again.