“Outrageously good Vietnamese soup noodle restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Trieu Chau Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 453 Restaurants in Garden Grove
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 November 2015

New Trieu Chau specializes in Hu Tieu Trieu Chau, a flavorful soup with white (rice) or yellow (egg) noodles (or a combo), You can add various meats, and condiments to punch up the flavor or heat even more.

Beef, pork and duck are my favorites to order with the soup & noodles.

They are open 7AM to roughly 5PM (or when ever they run out of broth for the day).

Reviewed 13 August 2013

On a recent meeting in Newport Beach, my wife and I decided we wanted to have Asian food. We asked the lady at the reception desk, who was Viet Namese, for a referral to a place where the locals go for phu. She told us about New Trieu Chau Restaurant, a no frills restaurant with excellent food without the glitz. It wasn't very far from our hotel, located in Garden Groove. This town has a large concentration of Viet Namese so I knew my odds of getting good phu was good. My source did not fail me. We were greeted by Andy, the manager of the restaurant. He promptly seated me, with one request. I asked to be seated by an outlet so I could recharge my cell phone. Not a problem. I asked them what they were known for and he said a combination phu with wonton. Another plus because it was delicious . Look for me again whenever I am in that area.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

This restaurant is specialized in Chinese Vietnamese Cambodian noodles soup and rice dishes. We like the "Nam vang" noodles soup here best.