“Wonderful birthday!”

Summit House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Summit House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 419 Restaurants in Fullerton
Price range: USD 31 - USD 65
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State College
Description: For centuries the English Inn has earned a great reputation for friendly faces, cozy rooms and cheery firesides. As soon as guests come to the Inn, the charming hosts and hostesses run to greet them. In front of a crackling fire one can partake of good hearty fare - the tankard is always full - the spit hung with roasting beefs - and a table heaped with sweets and such. The Inn Keepers of the Summit House are inspired by this custom to create an hospitable place where friends can meet to eat, drink and delight in the views of North Orange County's countryside. To one and all, welcome!
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We had a really wonderful dinner here. The food was terrific, and the service was just perfect. My brother and I had the prime rib, which is what they are known for, and my friend had the lamb shank. The prime rib was mouth watering, and the lamb shank literally fell off the bone. The soup of the day was lobster bisque, and it was delicious. I hope they have it the next time I go here!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

The Summit House is a high end steakhouse and is located in Fullerton, California which is in the northern part of Orange County. It is also located just north of the Cal State Fullerton Campus. This restaurant is open for lunch and dinner 3 days a week and just dinner the other 4 nights. The Summit House had a nice ambiance and the interior décor was very nice. This is a large restaurant with fantastic views looking down a large hill. I enjoyed the great views of the city lights after the sun went down.

I dined in the main dining room with several co-workers on a Tuesday evening in mid-September and thought the service was great but the food was only good (not great). I ordered a filet cooked medium rare but it arrived a little overcooked so I was not happy. Somebody told me that they were known for their prime rib but I still wanted a filet. The filet came with au gratin potatoes and two “free” sides of creamed corn that the server said was a house specialty. I had a small taste and did not think much of it (it tasted like the canned cream corn that I used to eat as a kid). I also ordered a side of asparagus that was not very good. The Summit House has a great wine list and we had a couple of bottles of excellent California wine. It was very crowded and I am glad we had a reservation otherwise I am not sure if we would have got a table. Our server was top notch and very professional.

Overall I though the service in this restaurant was great but I was not happy with my overcooked filet. I regret not ordering the prime rib that was recommended. I liked the overall dining experience and the nice view and will probably go back on my next visit to this area.

1  Thank rockyjoe
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is far my favorite restaurant based on the food, service, view and overall experience. The menu is full of delicious food, but my favorite dish is their prime rib. You simply can't go wrong. My wife is a vegetarian, and she also loves this place. Be sure to make reservations since this place is packed on most nights, especially on weekends.

This is the ideal location for any special location. I would HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.

1  Thank LeaderInAction
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We again ate at the Summit House Restaurant when visiting family in Fullerton. We were a party of seven with a birthday celebrant. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. The service was excellent, our orders taken and served as expected from such a fine facility. We requested main dining room sitting, rather than the side room. The prime rib was delicious as always, but my husband wished he had ordered the large portion (our son did), and declared it still the best he has even eaten. We were not rushed, their house special, a creamed corn dish, was loved by all. A birthday dessert was served, the pianist was unobtrusive, but delightful.....altogether another memorable visit to a favorite restaurant.

1  Thank Celticlady09
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We have been to the Summit House on various special occasions over the years and never have been disappointed! The prime rib is excellent. Throw in the creamed corn, creamed spinach, creamed horseradish and what you get is yummy! Add in a wedge salad and the Yorkshire pudding and what is not to like. A wonderful place for a special occasion. Staff attention is excellent. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Neil M