All reviews full kitchen bedroom suite small kitchen living area oatmeal pet fee front desk staff breakfast is served two nights sweet tomatoes comfortable stay parking lot central location restaurants and shopping rooms are nice upon check ice machine
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Great hotel- all suites, double beds in the bedrooms, with pull out sofa bed in living room. A chair can be made into a single bed, if you get creative with the sofa cushions. Nice decor- reminds me of ikea- blond wood, abstract pictures, very tasteful.
Fully stocked kitchen, eating utensils for 4, with pot holders, paper towels, pots and pans, coffee maker, nice size fridge, salt and pepper, etc. you can also borrow whatever appliances or items you need. Good closet space, laundry by the ice machine on the first floor, 24 hour nice gym.
Mini 7-11 in the lobby, which is 24 hours, which has snacks and microwavable food and TV dinners. A microwave is in the room, along with a electric stove.
Breakfast is great! On weekends, make your own waffles, with breakfast specials on other days. Nice to see a hot, variety hotel breakfast.
Great front desk service, friendly, fast, and helpful. Shout out to the night clerk, who wasn’t wearing a name tag, but who was super helpful and nice (big guy, bald with goatee). His professionalism and kindness was much appreciated.
The pool was closed, looked kind of small. Sign in the lobby says pets are allowed with deposit. About 8 miles from the convention center, where our event was held, easy 12 minute drive. Across street and east 2-5 minute walks to Sweet Tomatoes, IHOP, chili’s, and CVS. Within 2 minute distance of 2 hospitals.
Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Sticker shock is all I can say when i found out the $150 pet fee for one night stay. All the other Marriott's I have stayed at the fee is $25. I felt this could have been "mentioned" when I called two days previously when I called to confirm so I felt a bit "duped". Room and hallways was not particularly clean and the breakfast was sub-par.....Lessons learned.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. Some have allergies therefore we must make the suite allergy free upon the checkout of any pet. All rooms that have had a pet require a more detailed cleaning process. The front entrance of our hotel also has International House of Pancakes which is an ideal second option for breakfast.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here as I was visiting both the Sequoias and Yosemite National Parks... this is located roughly 2 hours away from Sequoias, and 1:20hs away from Yosemite, so it worked out pretty well for us.

We ended up getting a Suite with full kitchen for a really cheap price, and breakfast was also included! They don’t charge for parking, so that made it even better.

I would definitely recommend this place!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank yairj2017
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for the outstanding review from your experience at our TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel in Fresno, California!

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Jennifer Christensen

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for two nights. It was very clean and quiet, and staff members were friendly. A/C worked efficiently (it was warm in Fresno, for November!). The breakfast is the standard 'free' breakfast fare. Coffee was not good, so if you like real coffee, bring your own! The beds were quite firm; too firm for any of us to get a comfortable night's sleep. The firm beds are the only thing that would keep us from returning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to know you enjoyed our fabulous two bedroom suite at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel in Fresno, California! We have our brand's Royal Cup coffee in our lobby and as a second choice we also have Starbucks coffee in our market area. I'm glad you enjoyed our perfect beginning of fall weather. Today we have a high of 61 degrees and a low of 41 degrees we wish it were a little warmer today too! I'm sorry you felt our Marriott beds were to firm for you.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

This was my first stay at the Townplace Suites in Fresno and I was impressed with the façade. Interesting that it is nestled in amongst two other non-Marriott properties so it is a little difficult to find. The front desk was extremely friendly and made me feel very welcoming and at home.

I had to walk across the parking lot to my building but not a big deal as the weather was beautiful. My room was quite spacious with a small kitchenette (fridge, dishwasher and oven). No negative call-outs I can speak of here...until the next morning. I showered and starting shaving and at around 6:30 am the water pressure dropped from fire hose pressure to garden hose pressure to finally a shy bladder squirt. At that point I had shaved and brushed my teeth so I was not worried as I'm sure it was a fluke. Well, it wasn't as it happened the same time the next morning. Is this Groundhog's Day (the movie)? Outside of this issue, I had no other problems with the room.

I'm accustomed to a free breakfast when I travel so another nice perk. Based on other hotels, the buffet is similar although a condensed version. No worries, I ate my toast, oatmeal, and fruit with no issues. One issue I did have was the seating. There are 3 tables and one long bar with bar stools that are about 5 feet short of the table. Now, I am a vertically challenged man of 5'3" so I am use to adjustments; however, this was a little ridiculous. When I went to breakfast the first morning all 3 tables were full so I was forced to sit at the bar. When I pulled up the stool and sat at the bar my chin almost rested on the table. I could literally scrape the food off of the plate directly into my mouth. Ok, that was a slight exaggeration, the table top was level to my shoulders. Management needs to reassess the height of the high chairs, I mean bar stools.

One last issue was my room key. Tip for anyone who does not travel often: always get 2 room keys. Throughout the week, one key or the other would not work. You have to use a key to get in the building and depending on how the wind was blowing, I would or would not be able to get into the building...and my room. One key would work and then the other would not work. Very fickle, little keys they were. If TP would only get the mobile key like Hilton properties this would not be an issue.

Oh well, overall I enjoyed the stay and didn't get any bedbugs, so I would visit again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for your positive comments and for the constructive review we would like to find out which room you had so we can remedy the issues right away please contact our General Manager Penny Luzania. We want you to have a perfect stay the next time your here!