USD 124
Hampton.com
USD 91
USD 88
USD 124
All reviewsmanagers receptionfitness roomtwo nightshot tubbusiness tripzulemaihgdumbbellsstarbuckshousekeepingcereal
Reviewed 17 March 2018

booked this stay last minute and used points. Out of the gate the staff was great. I arrived to a hand written note from the two managers Itzel and Zulema ( that was fun to type "Itzel and Zulema" ). and on my first morning the sales manager approached me and thanked me by name as well. The hotel was in great condition and worth the $. A great value actually. Very loud train nearby if that's an issue for you. We had no complaints and were treated like VIPs Throughout. Yesinia at the desk went above and beyond for sure. The highlight though was actually breakfast. Not the food as those delicious dreamy cininmin rolls always tease me away from being healthy. It was the attendant Sierra. She was charming, sweet and worked constantly on keeping everything stocked and clean with engaging with all guests. She treated my special needs little sister like a superstar and was honestly the only hotel breakfast attendant we ever requested a selfie with : ) A+ DO IT!

Room Tip: Be aware of loud train close by. Get room on other side?
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2018

This is where I was being stubborn. I needed to pull off and get some solid sleep, but I kept pulling into parking lots, checking rates on my app, and then hearing a train go by, I decided to keep looking. Getting away from the train noise in that area just wasn't going to happen. Holiday Inn is largely my go to, since they've been more reliable than other places. I kept driving through Fresno, saw one on the right and kept driving by, but after that, there was nothing. So I turned around and pulled in to get a room.

Check in was easy. The kid behind the counter was very helpful. I had on my hoodie from a place I used to work, and turns out the department I worked in is the same one at that facility that saved his moms' life, so the kid was just grinning from ear to ear. He got me set up in an area that was as quiet as possible, and he was right. I heard the train once, after I already woke up in the morning. Other than that, I had a nice quiet night of sleep.

There's a gas station close by that I drove to to get some snacks. Walking wasn't really an option. Also, there's a Starbucks right next door if you want to visit there. Parking was easy, and you're right off the highway.

No issues with the room. Clean, quiet, everything worked. Hot breakfast in the morning, and I was on my way.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi Jason K,

Thank you for your stay and for sharing your experience. It is nice that you have found our hotel staff to be helpful. We are also glad that you had a satisfying breakfast experience. We will share your comments with the rest of the team to help us deliver a more consistent service in the future.

It is always a pleasure to receive commendable remarks from our valued guests like you and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I called the hotel ahead of time and asked if the pool was open this time of year and was told that it was so I booked at this location. When I arrived the pool was open but it was not heated; the whirlpool was barely warmer. The next morning the whirlpool was even colder. When I mentioned it they told me sometimes a guest turns off the whirlpool and the pool is never heated. So no swimming and the fitness room is very small with only three machines; if exercise is important you might not be happy. The room was fine but the shower had mold around the bottom. The breakfast is not the greatest either. The staff is friendly.

Overall an average hotel not the best value.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Itzel H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experience during you stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fresno Northwest.
We will take your feedback and apply the necessary changes to improve.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Yesenia gave me the best service possible!
Service - 5 Rooms - 5 Value - 5

They will do anything in their ability to make your stay excellent. I had to cancel at the very last minute due to family issues. They were 100% understanding and accommodated me without a second thought. I was not surprised as in the past they were very cool when I checked in.

The hotel is not perfect and it is not the Ritz. They do make everything right for you and you have everything you need. The AC gets REALLY cold. I love that. The beds are clean, the chairs are new, and everything works great. If you need a place to stay and want a place that works for work and a trip up to the mountains, this is your place.

You could not ask for a better value. You could pay more for a private place down the road but it will not have the same service, rooms where you know what to expect, and a clean pool. Stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Itzel H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

I am very pleased to know that we have provided a warm and welcoming feeling to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon. I would like to thank you on behalf of my team for sharing your comments, I will go ahead and share this comments with Yesenia. We will be more than happy to have you and your family members stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We stay here this weekend. This is a clean, well maintained property, which it should be as it's relatively new. But lousy management and service marred the experience. Upon check-in, there were only two towels. The next morning, we left a nice tip and note for housekeeping asking for additional towels for our family (two adults and two children). They were not left as requested. We then asked the housekeeper directly when we saw her in the afternoon. She said she couldn't provide, we'd have to ask the front desk. The front desk staff said they were completely full and didn't have enough towels and gave us extra hand towels to use for our shower. This morning, we came down for breakfast at 9am and they were out of many food items as well as utensils. When I called to speak to a manager as I wanted an adjustment of some sort to my bill for the poor service.I was told no one was on duty and I could leave a voicemail and someone could call me back during the week. (There seems to be a fend for yourself attitude that is a common theme.) I am perplexed as to why the staff is not given authority to resolve issues and complaints, and why management was not called in over the weekend to help do laundry or assist with food service if the property was so understaffed. It's not the fault of those who were working as much as whoever is calling the shots.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank McLean4
Itzel H, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

We will take your feedback and apply the necessary changes to improve.
Thank you for your feedback, I hope you can give us a second chance in your future visit to Fresno.