“Good food at a relatively clean food joint”
Review of Pakwan Restaurant

Pakwan Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 557 Restaurants in Fremont
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Knowing that we were going to be in Fremont, I looked up to find a restaurant with good ratings and ample veggie options. We ordered butter chicken, paneer makhani and tandoori chicken with garlic naans. The gravy for both the dishes was very similar which came as a surprise. Tandoori chicken was really good. The garlic naan even though good was not the best I have had in South Bay. Overall average tasting food. As far as cleanliness goes, one would have to over look a few things. The table wasn't wiped clean and dishes at other tables sat for the time we were there. There were several take out orders and now I know why.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 17 August 2017

As a regular customer of Pakwan for many years, I am amazed at their consistent taste and quality of food served. They are without doubt one of the best places for North Indian/Pakistani Tandoori cuisine. A little over a year ago, they began accepting credit cards which was a huge relief.

The Tandoori fish and the chicken boti kenabs are my favorites. And off course the timeless taste of their classic Butter chicken will leave you desiring for more.Try their hot and fresh garlic naan (Flatbread) straight out of the tandoor oven. Avoid peak times in the evenings and on weekends as wait times can stretch to over half hour. Great place to order food to go.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have been visiting Pakwan since 2009, whenever I find myself in the Bay Area. If you are in Fremont and couldn't go, this is a gem you will be sorry you missed. The service is fast, and the food comes out hot. BONUS, there is hot chai while you wait. They sometimes run out of mutton by dinner time, so come by for lunch if you're craving delicious goat. Their biryani portions are splendid and the food is always seasoned perfectly.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I've been to Pakwan multiple times now. There are plenty of Indian food restaurants in town and Pakwan continues to deliver. Great food, good prices, quickly prepared, and fairly friendly staff. It's hard to fit a large group but I think we've managed 12. I'll continue to visit Pakwan when I have a few friends that want some good, quick, easy, fairly priced Indian cuisine!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

As a visitor in the Bay Area I am having a ball visiting various eating joints along with my adorable niece and her husband.We visited Pakwan for dinner on the strong recommendation of friends. We were there on Friday evening and the place was packed. It is a medium sized eatery which can probably host about sixty to seventy five people. We had to wait to grab a table but meanwhile we paid up and ordered food. Yes you pay before and it was all worth it! The place is not very swish in terms of decor and ambience but the food is amazing. The Seek Kebab and Biryani was delicious. The soft bread called Nahan with generous garlic topping along with Karahi Chicken and Korma was lapped up.Moderately price it is a place worth visiting with family. The good thing is that vegetarians have suitable options too.