“A hotel that loves you as much as you love it.”

Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
GreenLeadersBronze level
Thousand Oaks
“A hotel that loves you as much as you love it.”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

One of the pleasures of visiting the San Francisco Bay Area is being able to stay at the Hotel Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley. Especially I love the luxurious bed and pillows, plus the shower head (I love it so much I'm buying one for my home use.), the shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, liquid and bar soaps and best of all the skin cream. I love the cleanliness of every tiny corner of the room and bathroom, the roominess, the . . . I could go on and on. It's just a delight to bathe in the luxury of the room and the whole hotel in general. The staff, everywhere in the hotel, is exceptional and eager to do whatever is possible to assure a memorable stay. I don't know the names of every staff member, but I do remember Yolanda at the front desk. She is a delight with her smile and her reflection of caring, really caring about you and your comfort during your stay. Hooray for this exceptional home away from home that loves me as much as I love it.

Room Tip: I stay on the 8th floor and love it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Mr. H,

We truly appreciate your nice comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stays at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley. It is a pleasure to pass on your comments to our team so they can see for themselves how all their hard work and dedication really pays off in the end.

Sincerely

Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel reflects the very best of the Marriott "way". Very reliable, very clean, very good service, very close to businesses I frequent in my job. It is the perfect business hotel. I especially want to thank Tony, Lisa, and Courtney. Having spent parts of the next several years coming to the Fremont Marriott, these folks have treated me as family and I am most appreciative. The only piece they've missed is a bit of sizzle, and they're not undertaking a multi-million dollar upgrade in places like the concierge lounge and the lobby area. Both upgrades are tasteful, aesthetic, without being pretentious. I'll always keep coming back.

Room Tip: i'm not going to reveal the room i always request, but the concierge level is on the 10th floor...
Dear Mr. C,

Thank you for such wonderful comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay’s at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley. We are very pleased to see that all our hard work and training has valuable customers like yourself wanting to come back.- Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit

Sincerely

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed one night here February 2012 to attend a sorority convention. Since I am still nursing, I brought my 9-month old son and my mother to help with him.

The rooms are pretty standard with modern amenities. I had King-size bed with a crib. What I really appreciated about the this hotel is the staff I came in contact with. I had a feeling my luncheon was going to run past 1pm. Since I had my son, I asked the front desk if they would allow my mother and son to stay in my room until it ended as I felt it would be a lot for my mother to tend to my son in the lobby for 2+ hours. They completely understood and let her stay until 3p which was perfect because 1)my little guy was napping and 2)the luncheon ending about then.

What I didn't like was the restaurant in the hotel...the name escapes me right now. All I can say, it the service sucked but due to the location of the hotel, unless you have a car (which I didn't) eating there is your only option unless you like McDonalds. I ate there twice, once for a Friday Dinner and Saturday morning breakfast.

Friday's service was slow despite there being a few people. I ordered a Margarita pizza and my mother ordered a soup. They brought my pizza out and several minutes later brought my mom's soup. This made no sense to me as I would figured they'd either bring my mom's soup first or both together.

Saturday was just out of control. I arrived at 8:30am for some breakfast. Mom and I decided to skip the buffet and order the following: oatmeal with OJ for me and pancakes with coffee for mom. At 9:00am after seeing 2 waiters buzz back and forth past me, I asked the manager what it would take to place an order. He apologized and took my order...we waited...and waited...and waited. At about 9:20 a waiter comes with (get this) PANCAKES ONLY! NO syrup, no coffee, no orange juice, no oatmeal. I asked him for some syrup. He brought it and never returned until I stopped him and asked for OJ and coffee. He rushed back with two glasses of OJ and no coffee. At about 9:45, I saw the manager and told him to cancel my order because I had to go. He must've known they messed up because he didn't charge us.

I would return here to sleep but not to eat.

1 Thank teamspears2010
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley.

We value your comments, as they allow us the opportunity to continually improve the service we provide, as well as to celebrate our successes.

It seems we were able to meet your expectations in most areas, which pleases me. However, I was concerned over the service or lack of in the.Greatroom. We take pride in the fact that we do listen to our customers and implement the necessary changes to ensure customer satisfaction. I have passed your comments onto our Director of Food and Beverage as well as the Manager, so your comments may be addressed with the staff.

If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail please feel free to contact my Executive Assistant at.

510-413-3760, please mention you Trip Advisor Comment

furnitureruss
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have been traveling to the Fremont/Bay Area of California on and off for over three years. For the past two years I have been staying at the Marriott in Fremont. I read a lot of comments from people who thought that certain amenities should be free (such as internet). Although I too find it odd that the less expensive Marriott properties can give their guests free internet, the higher priced properties do not. Although as a platinum Marriott member I get free internet here.

What I enjoy about the Marriott Fremont the most isn't the room or the property itself ... it's the people. From the bellman Jim, to Courtney at the front desk, to Louisito in the restaurant, even to Lisa Marie and Timo in their sales division ... it's the people who make the experience better.

The hotel is in the process of renovation. Most of the lower level renovations appear to be done ... and it looks nice. The rooms are being renovated now. If I had a small complaint it was that as a platinum member I was given room 1020 (the room next to where the old conceirge lounge was). Even at 7:45 pm after a long day working I heard saws or grinders going off right next door. It didn't last too long fortunately so I ddn't bring it up. It appears the room I was in had new carpet. Don't think any of the furnishings changed, but honestly, the appointments in the room are nice.

When I am in the Fremont area I only stay at the Fremont Marriott. Our company (Global) receives a company rate which fits within our company's policies on what we can spend per night when we travel. Otherwise, I'd have to go back to the Holiday Inn off AutoMall.

The only advice I can give people about this property is this.
Book early ... they are generally sold out Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
If you don't get to the hotel by 5:30 pm, be prepared to have to park in the garage (they hold conferences there all the time and the parking lot fills up quickly) ... but the garage is fairly convenient too.
If you are not Platinum rewards member, be prepared to pay for internet.
Bring your workout clothes or swim suit ... they have a small but nice gym and pool indoors.
They have a good menu for food, but right on AutoMall Rd (minutes away), there are tons of other options for a good meal.
** Lastly - and this isn't the fault of the hotel. There is a dump/landfill at the end of AutoMall Rd. (about 2 to 3 miles from the property) ... on a given day when the wind is blowing a certain way, the exterior of the hotel can have an unpleasant odor. It's the landfill miles away folks .. it's not the hotel.

Great place to stay! Very much recommended.
Safe Travels, Russ

Room Tip: They are renovating so be sure to bring it up when you check in so there are no surprises with your...
1 Thank furnitureruss
Dear Loyal Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am very pleased to pass your comments onto the team.

vancouver
Reviewed 30 January 2012

this hotel didn't mention or any information about charging internet fee in the room and free in the lobby,
my daughter hook up web automatically in the room and lobby , didn't be warned for charging a fee. Because i am hurry for my airplane, i have no time to argue this and the front desk is not polite to talk with me and insist on charging the fee.
but anyway this hotel is good except for internet fee.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pshen
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley in January 2012. Guest comments allow us to not only celebrate our successes but allows us the opportunity to listen to our guest and make the necessary changes to ensure guest satisfaction.

I do apologize if the Front Desk staff seemed impolite that is certainly not the type of service we provide at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley and I have passed your comments onto the Management team so it can be addressed.

510-413-3760, please mention your Trip Advisor comment.

46100 Landing Parkway