“Great Middle Eastern food”

Fremont Afghan Kabob Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 526 Restaurants in Fremont
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here twice now while in the area on business. Each time the server has been attentive and the food has been really good. I would say that don’t expect anything similar to Pakistani food as it isn’t as spicy. In saying that, it is still really good. I get the Dahl, lamb, eggplant, and Firni. The tea is also good. I’d go back.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

You get excellent Afghani cuisine at this restaurant, though the rates are a bit high. However, the value for money spent is worth it.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I've been here twice so far and each time the food was so delicous. The waiter gave some good recommendations and I was very happy with my choices.

Dishes I highly recommend:

Korma Lamb - huge lamb chop cooked in a tomato and garlic sauce. The meat was so tender it fell off the bone easily. I finished the sauce with white rice!

Veggi Borani Kadoo - roasted butternut squash with yogurt sauce. It's so good! The butternut squash was so sweet, and the tanginess of yogurt sauce cooled down the squash and made it so easy to eat the entire plate. The sweetness of this dish can almost make it a dessert!

You can choose to sit at the regular table or on the floor in a designated area for a more traditional seating arrangement and more authentic experience, but you need to take off your shoes.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

If you love good food and trying something new, you have to go here. Try the lamb kabobs! I have eaten lamb cooked well and poorly all over the world, and these folks know how to cook it very well! Great atmosphere, very authentic, a good experience for the true Foodie.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Do not remember ever eating Afghan food and while on a business trip determined that now was the time. The atmosphere of the restaurant I thought was great. We were given the option to use chairs or to us pillows at lowered tables. Our waiter John was excellent and attentive. The menu had plenty of options and all meats are halal. We listened / watched what I assume to be Afghan music videos during the meal. It provided a good background for conversation as well as the meal.
Service was quick, the appetizer I had was bowl of garbanzos and sliced potatos with a green chutney sauce, it had an excellent taste and I would not hesitate to order again. Also had a bowl of a soup, which normally would have meat, I chose a vegetarian option. It had a robust taste that I enjoyed, very savory and thick. For my entrée I had roasted eggplant with tomato and yogurt with white rice. It also had excellent flavor. I was famished when I came in, and well satisfied as I went out.
It was unfamiliar, but quite comfortable. I would easily return again. The restaurant had easy access to I-880, making it convenient to get to and from.