“Upscale French Fine Dining”
Review of Papillon

Papillon
Ranked #5 of 554 Restaurants in Fremont
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice place for French food in sleepy Niles neighborhood of Fremont. A bit expensive for frequent patronage, and the portions are the usual French size, so those wanting larger portion sizes will be disappointed. I have always enjoyed the authentic meals here.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Papillon is my husband and I's go to date night spot. It is an old school classic French restaurant, and the food never disappoints! Get the soup of the day, no matter what it is, It is always amazing!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My husband and I had a business lunch at this restaurant. The food is very good, the service is very attentive. Definitely a place to go either pleasure or business or even socialize.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Went there on Dec 22 (Friday) for dinner (2 adults 2 kids) and made the reservation for 7:30 PM. We were promptly seated by 7:35 and our waiter showed up fifteen minutes later to get our order, by 7:50. We got our wine by 8 pm and the soup and salad by 8:15.
The place was reasonably full, with a couple of larger groups (10 persons) but it seems as the service was moving along a bit slow at the other tables. My kids were getting tired and restless and around 8:45 I asked when we should expect our food. Unfortunately we did not get our main entree until 9:15 a full hour after the salad was served. Even though the food itself was good, the long wait definitely hampered the dinner mood. I will also have to point out that their chairs were quite uncomfortable as they were quite large and deep, and a bit low making it awkward to sit and eat, and along with the gold and purple velvet wallpaper, and the gold ceiling, made it feel like being in an old funeral parlor rather than a restaurant. I do not expect to return there at all.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

帶老媽吃法國料理,她不吃蝸牛(Escargot), 所以我點了 Foi Gras (鵝肝),蟹餅(Crab cake) 和法式洋葱湯(French onion soup baked with Puffed Pastry). Main dish 是 Seafood Wellington(Scallop, prawns, crab, wrapped in puffed pastry with lobster sauce). 甜點則是 table side Flambe (cherries Jubilee with French Vanilla Ice cream) 在桌邊現場凖備的櫻桃白蘭地火焰香草冰淇淋。

Been to Papillon? Share your experiences!