All reviewsfree breakfastbbq areastainless steel appliancesbedroom suitesports courtwafflesjohn wayne orange county airportfull kitchenthe sofa bedno elevatorevery morningaaa discountcomfortable staymin drivea nice place to staycomfortable bedsclose to the airport
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Other than having quick highway access and a very nice staff, I will look for a different place the next time I need to stay in the area.
The road noise is very loud. If you are a light sleeper, don't PLM in getting much sleep. The sheets were rough and worn, the bed pretty soft, and I don't think the rooms are insulated very well as I had the thermostat set at 73 and it was still cool in the room. The amenities, like any other residence inn are convenient and the room itself spacious. Lastly, I'm sure hotels of this style - apartment-like with and outdoor entrance and campus of buildings - used to be popular, but there are no elevators to take you to the second floor and I feel this style is super inconvenient. I wish Marriott would announce these hotels are like this when booking. Again, the staff was helpful and breakfast the usual continental style, but I'll look for something a little more comfortable next time. .

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Ryan F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We greatly value your feedback as we strive to provide excellent accommodations to all of our guests. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us this time. We will be sharing your feedback with our team here in a effort to improve our service. We hope that you will give our hotel another try so that we may provide the level of service and accommodations you have come to expect from us.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

We visited for our first holiday as new CA residents. Good location, decent accommodations and breakfast but the service was what mattered most. We went on the rainiest day in all Holidays for some reason and this poor older property suffered the consequences. We ended up with a leaky ceiling at 11:15pm. Extremely inconvenient with children in a deep sleep and all of us fully unpacked. Called the front desk and encountered James. Outstanding individual took our concern and needs seriously. He ran in the rain to our room to assess the damage, gave options for several new room locations and allowed us to choose to our convenience, ran back and forth in the rain to exchange our keys, apologized for the inconvenience and advised us it was better to load the car and drive around to avoid lugging our belongings accepted the property. He was empathetic, apologetic and had made this extremely inconvenient experience with our kids in tow easier to bear. My only recommendation would be a manager to make a follow up call...but that's just me. Although this property is older and the wear is apparent, it's for experiences like these that make to want to return. Thank you James!! Happy Holidays!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Ryan F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley on Trip Advisor! We are delighted to hear that James was able to make such a positive impact on your stay. We are truly lucky to have such a dedicated team here at the hotel as we strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests. Please accept our apologies for the roof leak that occurred and we have already begun repairs. We will pass you comments along to James so that he may know of his positive impact on you and your family. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Fountain Valley!

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for two weeks. Room was decent. Staff was friendly and very helpful. There was a problem with the cable and was fixed within hours. Happy hour was welcoming. Hotel is right off the highway so was easy to go places . I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Ryan F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley. We are delighted to hear that you enhjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to resolve your cable issue quickly. We greatly value your feedback and are looking forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Fountain Valley.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. I had a one bedroom suite room in building 6, 2nd floor. The room was quiet at night which is what I usually desire. The furniture is functional and good, but not overly nice. In other words this is a comfortable place to stay but not luxurious. The breakfast the first morning was scrambled eggs with tortillas and two types of sausages. The other breakfast was the same except we had bacon and some other hot option that I didn't sample. Both mornings you could also make waffles or have cereal, yogurts and toasts. There were fruits as well.

When walking to the breakfast room you are unable to access the breakfast area from the interior as the door is locked. You need to go around to the front and even there you can get into the first sliding door but you need to use a key to open the 2nd door. I guess security is tight at this location. There are two Marriott properties right next to each other, this Residence Inn and next door a Courtyard Marriott.

There is plenty of free parking as well. There was also a pool in the interior courtyard. I did not try the pool as it is late fall and the air is cool in the evening when I got back from my meetings nearby. The free internet did not require a sign-in. And the rest of the room functioned as it should. I will likely stay here again if I travel on business to here in the future. The staff was pleasant but also, not much stood out either. Mostly this was appropriate if you want a place to relax and sleep while visiting for business or pleasure during the day and it fulfills this function well.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the 2nd floor less noise
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Ryan F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley on Trip Advisor! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our refreshed Breakfast offerings and that you notes our wide selection of healthy and savory options! We are hoping to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Fountain Valley!

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I wanted to love this hotel (I'm from the area) but was sorely disappointed. The furniture in our two bedroom suite was dingy and run down. There were gnats everywhere. Everywhere. The were all over the hallway then would get into our room. I spent a night trying to whack them all. I even noticed dead gnats on the curtains. Then the tv reception in the main living area was spotty. Breakfast was pretty much the same everyday. So overall it was just an ok experience. I've stayed at Residence Inns much nicer than this one.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Ryan F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us as we strive to provide excellent accommodations to all of our guests. We have taken your comments concerning the gnats at our property to our Engineering team to ensure that this issue is corrected moving forward. We will be shrain gyour comments with the appropriate team members in an effort to improve our service. We hope that you will come visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Fountain Valley. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and have a great day!