I was booked at the Crowne Plaza Foster City for three nights for a business trip and ended up staying a fourth (in a different room) with a hotel voucher due to a flight delay on USAir. Both rooms I stayed in were in the main hotel rather than the executive tower, and both were in good condition.
The good: Staff was friendly and helpful; towels were unusually thick, soft, and large for this class of hotel; rooms were clean; Internet was usually speedy; despite proximity to the highway, the room was relatively quiet; mini-fridges are standard equipment in the room, which is great for storing soda, yogurt, etc; the airport shuttle arrived quickly and when promised; parking is free and plentiful.
The bad: Toilet in the second room (6th floor) ran continuously (I arrived late enough that I didn't want to call maintenance); beds were not particularly comfortable; all of the many pillows were (I guess) down-filled, which meant they squished down to nothing (I wish more hotels offered foam pillows); space was so tight in the room with two double beds that there was no room to walk between the desk and the bed; business center printer was down and there was no one onsite to fix it.
Based on my experience, the Crowne Plaza Foster City is one of the better hotels in the area. I am likely to return, but I wish the management would invest in some foam pillows before I do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Foster City-San Mateo is the leading event destination with16,000 square feet of meeting space on the San Francisco Peninsula. Designed with a sky-lit atrium and innovative services for business and vacation, our Foster City hotel features contemporary-styled rooms and suites with luxury bedding, refrigerators, 37'' HDTVs and our Sleep Advantage Program. Enjoy lifestyle conveniences like our business center, complimentary Wi-Fi, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, and free shuttle to SFO. Savor California and Asian cuisine at our relaxing restaurants, including Café Florian and Toyko Village, and enjoy cocktails and nightlife at Clubhouse Bistro and the Chit Chat Lounge. Just 7 miles from San Francisco International Airport, we are minutes of Silicon Valley businesses and Bay Area attractions, golf courses, shopping centers and scenic coastal trails. We're less than 30 minutes from San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39, Union Square and AT& T Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo Hotel Foster City
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco
- Peninsula Foster City
- Foster City Peninsula