I was booked at the Crowne Plaza Foster City for three nights for a business trip and ended up staying a fourth (in a different room) with a hotel voucher due to a flight delay on USAir. Both rooms I stayed in were in the main hotel rather than the executive tower, and both were in good condition.
The good: Staff was friendly and helpful; towels were unusually thick, soft, and large for this class of hotel; rooms were clean; Internet was usually speedy; despite proximity to the highway, the room was relatively quiet; mini-fridges are standard equipment in the room, which is great for storing soda, yogurt, etc; the airport shuttle arrived quickly and when promised; parking is free and plentiful.
The bad: Toilet in the second room (6th floor) ran continuously (I arrived late enough that I didn't want to call maintenance); beds were not particularly comfortable; all of the many pillows were (I guess) down-filled, which meant they squished down to nothing (I wish more hotels offered foam pillows); space was so tight in the room with two double beds that there was no room to walk between the desk and the bed; business center printer was down and there was no one onsite to fix it.
Based on my experience, the Crowne Plaza Foster City is one of the better hotels in the area. I am likely to return, but I wish the management would invest in some foam pillows before I do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful Crowne Plaza Hotel in Foster City is centrally located on the San Francisco Peninsula between Downtown San Francisco, San Jose, and the East Bay. Our property is just 7 miles from San Francisco International Airport and 22 miles from downtown San Francisco. Our unique building design has a beautiful atrium lobby filled with koi ponds, waterfalls, and palm trees that will provide a relaxing setting on your next visit. Some of our features include:* Complimentary Internet access in all guest rooms, lobby, all restaurants, and pool area* Three different varieties of restaurants, room service, and a sports bar* Complimentary SFO airport shuttle* Complimentary parking* Complimentary shuttle leaving at 10:30am daily to The Hillsdale Shopping Mall* Conveniently located next to The BridgePointe Shopping center* 24 hour business center with complimentary use of three computers and a printer* Relax in our indoor heated pool jacuzzi* Use of Fitness center* Executive Club Level rooms include Dell XP desktop computers with DVD drive, flat screen monitors and Continental Breakfast, Monday-Friday.* 16,000 Square feet of flexible meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Agoda, Odigeo and Expedia APAC so you can book your Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo Hotel Foster City
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco
- Peninsula Foster City
- Foster City Peninsula