Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
USD 45
View deal
Official Hotel
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
1,132 results
All reviews flying fox kuala lumpur souvenir shops beautiful place fresh air themed village performance dance nature
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2021

I visited once when I was very young and it was a great experience. However having read the reviews prior to this trip, I already knew buildings/attractions are not well maintained since then so expectation was already low. However even that was not met, did not expect the rather pricey room to not even meet minimal cleanliness expectation, bedsheets are badly stained, floor has hair strands from previous guest, telephone looked like it hasn’t been wiped down in awhile. Given covid-19 and the fact that this is a so-called 4-star hotel, overall disappointing. Not to mention the overpriced and below average food eg. at Le Poulet, poor maintenance of attractions etc. that many ppl have already commented on.

Now on to the more positive parts: When called up in regards to the badly stained bedsheets, no apology nothing as if it’s a regular occurrence BUT the good thing is they came quickly (within 30 mins). Receptionists and staffs’ customer service and attitude are overall still okay.

1  Thank pl0235
Nahariah Razak, Marketing at Colmar Tropicale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Dear GUEST,

Bonjour from Colmar Tropicale! thank you for your time to drop a rating on your stay experience with us. We appreciate such feedback however; we sincerely apologize if you have encountered any unpleasant experience while you are creating memories in our resort. Rest assured that we are taking precautions as to maintain and improvised our hospitality and services from time to time. Please accept our apologies and let us serve you again with better services in your next visit with us. Merci beaucoup and have a great day ahead!

Reviewed 31 December 2020

From far away and in online photos, the resort is cute, quaint, and charming. However, once arriving, we could see how old and well-worn it is and in dire need of updates and remodeling (e.g. chipped paint, peeling wallpaper, poor water pressure in rooms, old furnishings, broken latches, clock on tower doesn't keep time, etc.). It is a popular place for day visits from families coming from KL but many of the carnival-type displays detract from the faux European charm of the place. The breakfast was very poor, crowded, tables not clean, few options. Limited options at restaurants as a number of options were no longer available on the menu. This is not a place for expatriate visitors. Check out the Chateau next door instead or go for a day visit.

Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

Hello travellers, I want to share my experience for the first time. I went to Colmar Tropicale, Bukit Tinggi, Bentong, Pahang.

Little bit explanation about Colmar is a town in the Grand Est region of northeastern France, near the border with Germany. So the design of the hotel uses Colmar artickteks. Tropicale AKA tropical forest, it means Colmar at tropical (haha).

Colmar Tropicale is located at Bukit Tinggi, Bentong, Pahang and is so close to Genting Highland (57 min) and Kuala Lumpur (1 hour 30 min). You can Google maps or Waze that.

How to reach here? I no pretty can reach here by bus (daily shuttle bus from Berjaya Times Square ; RM 60.00 two ways) but I always recommend using the car (rent) or motorcycle (bike). Please drive safely and open the window to hear a bird and fresh air. You will enter a security post but dont panic, just tell the guide to go to Colmar Tropicale.

Secondly, did you have the option to stay (RM 200 below with breakfast ) or just enter here (RM15.00 per person) ? But I recommend sleeping here due to the nice and great surroundings with fresh air, hiking and relaxing, especially the honeymoon.

Thirdly, you will enter a second security post AKA ticket counters) and you must show the receipt if you stay here or pay an entrance fee. Then go up and reach Colmar Tropicale and park your car under the basement hotel (stay here) or park outside.

Next, what are the activities to do here ? You must take the picture in front of the Entrance Colmar Tropicale. Secondly, go to the end point of the hotel then you will meet the watchtower (take pictures here). Thirdly, visit Japan Village via car/motorcycle around 5 min (follow the map given). Little bit hiking here but okay due to weather no to hot. Lastly, enter Animal Park to feed animals that.

Other things about Colmar Tropicale was it had Starbuck, 7Eleven, games and shops (games). I always recommended to stay here to feel experienced on nights at Colmar Tropicale. More cold and calm. I always recommend bring some food like noodle, bread, tea and anything (you free hungry here)

1  Thank ezwanshah n

Dear Mr Ezwan,

Bonjour from Colmar Tropicale! Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

Stayed on 30/10/20 for a night. There were few blocks of rooms in the resort with name for each block. I can’t recall the name of my block but it was room number 6203. The room has large living space with undivided kitchen, and a separate bedroom. The aircond compressors were installed just outside the bedroom at the balcony which was a nuisance. Toiletries were probably not well provided eg 2 shampoo bottles were prepared and no bath gel bottle noticed. Called room service, desk service, operator etc via telephone but no one picked up.

At the time of visitation, only few amenities were available ie 2 or 3 souvenir shops, a reflexology center, 7-Eleven convenience store, Starbucks, bakery, 2 restaurants, bird photography, swan bird garden, swimming pool and gym. Any other amenities are located outside the resort and requiring transportation which is provided.

There was a performance stage setup, but no performance whatsoever on that day. It was a very dull environment day & night. Even Starbucks closed before sunset. Talk about Starbucks, cakes and breads were not available.

Breakfast: food wasn’t warm enough, if not hot. Funny that a French themed resort did not serve French food. 3 type of set meals were served: nasi goreng with fried egg & hard fried chicken, American big breakfast (sausage, baked bean, frieg egg, mushroom & hash brown), and deli meal. There was also conflakes/coco krunch meal but the milk served wasn’t the fresh milk type.

No salad/yogurt was available.

Car park is located at basement of the resort. Each block of hotel room has elevator that connect to the basement, so it is convenient to walk to the elevator where your room block is, especially if you park your car a distance away.

The weather is not as cooling as Cameron Highlands/Genting Highlands.

It wasn’t a lively resort and seriously lack of activities and nightlife. French cuisine experience wasn’t a rainbow one either.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nahariah Razak, Marketing at Colmar Tropicale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2020

Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

I booked thru booking.com on 8/10 for 10/10 per night as it was unplan short trip, requested for 1 large bed and everything as seen in the picture is perfectly nice,it my usual job once i done make a booking i will call the property to ensure my booking in the system and i spoke with your FO staff Firdaus to double confirm my booking and it was there, luckily he got told me the room i book comes with twin bed but I requested for large bed, he manage to change for me with nature view ( if possible) i really appreciate it tht. Upon checkin they given me -1 level another building ( i forgot the name ) The main point here is, I wondering because my room is -1 level which is same level with BASEMENT PARKING !!! How even you can let your guest to stay in lower ground, I was too shock because your staff didnt acknowledge us and theres only 2 room in parking level ( i cannot attach together with the video ) 7012 the room the gave me and 7011 is the room with no stay guest !! )Imagine only 2 of us stayed there alone and the room is so dirty, got so many stain everywhere it is so unbelievable,shower cap also not functioning well ( refer the video ) although we only checkin per night 10/10-11/10 it doesn’t mean you have to treat us like this, we dont deserve this hospitality from such well known hotel and honestly speaking 7012 room is like your store room !! I am very disappointed and not really worth my money !! Besides, your breakfast is not much varieties, I thought you guys are doing buffet but instead we get serving plate breakfast. Paid for RM240 ( per night ) and this is how 4 stars hotel give me back. With that amount of price i could spend a day in 5 stars hotel in KL.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nahariah Razak, Marketing at Colmar Tropicale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2020