“Attractive Restaurant, Pleasant Service, Interesting (Somewhat Expensive) Menu”

The Waffle Experience
Ranked #21 of 310 Restaurants in Folsom
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Every dish on The Waffle Experience menu comes with a waffle included. Sweet waffles, savory waffles, waffles with eggs, waffles with cheese, waffles with pigs, waffles with fruit... A fun idea that comes close to a great idea, but for some reason just didn't quite hit the mark for my husband and I.

That being said, the food was interesting and we enjoyed our breakfast. My husband had the Farmer In The Dell - a chicken fried steak with egg, kale, gravy and Parmesan served with a cracked pepper herb waffle. I had the Praise The Lard - pork belly, with an egg, ricotta, and arugula served with a lardon studded herb waffle. Both dishes came with roasted cherry tomatoes and potatoes. Everything was tasty, but I found the waffle to be a little doughy, seasoning wasn't spot on, and the roasted tomatoes were cold.

The ambiance is what I would call rustic chic, with barn-type boards, chalkboards, and plaques featuring inspirational quotes covering the walls. Service was attentive and friendly.

I'm not sure whether we'll go back. We like the restaurant and especially appreciated our waiter, but the food is on the expensive side.

1  Thank NevermindCA

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Nice, clean restaurant. Great staff. Excellent environment. So many tasty dishes, it was hard to pick. Portion was perfect. Ended lunch with their nutella dessert. Forgot the name, but remembered the flavors! Order it if you have a sweet tooth or a love of chocolate. Need to go back to try other dishes!

Reviewed 25 December 2017

We went in right when the door opened at 8 am on Christmas Eve morning. It was quiet for the moment and a perfect way to fortify for a very busy day ahead! The Benedict was delicious and the savory(ish) waffle it sat upon was wonderful! When I ordered it I wondered if a waffle could translate to this dish ..and they nailed it! Wait people were very nice and the coffee was quite good.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Cute waffle restaurant with a unique way to eat waffles. No syrup needed. Fresh ingredients with a great tasting waffle.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Not sure how this place isn't 5 stars. Came here to meet friends for lunch. Waffles were excellent, wish we had one of these in the Bay Area. Outdoor patio location at this restaurant, so my friend brought his dog.

Friendly service. All around a great restaurant!