See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The WiFi strength is good, strategic location, lots of parking available. Nice friendly staff. And the best thing is it’s affordable price per night. Overall great value for money. However I wish they can step up a bit on the cleanliness. It was clean enough but there are some stains on the towel and the toilet floor felt a bit dusty

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Booked reservation online and given a rate with confirmation number. When I arrived at location to be booked in a man who was of foreign decent (James) at the counter increased the rate over 1 hundred dollars because he assumed two people would be staying in the room despite me telling him I was simply diving the occupant there and at no time would I be staying. He insisted on adding an additional charge of $6 for a second person totaling $30 over the 5 day stay. How that resulted in over a 1 hundred dollars increase to my original rate is still questionable. When I merely began questioning him about his wrong assumptions and totals he accused me of being disrespectful. I strongly suggested he was wrong and it was unfair to rise the price I was quoted. After speaking to the on site manager Edil Acosta I realized these guys where not only extremely unprofessional, they were dishonest and could care less about solving the problem. I drove approximately two miles down highway 80 where I found another Motel 6 where I explained my experience and was told the reason for their actions was because, there was a car racing event in the area and they knew they could make more money renting that room to someone else. So it was all about making money. I strongly suggest not staying at the Fairfield Motel 6 North location.

Room tip: Try another location
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Larry S
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Fairfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Larry, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to your reservations issues. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

First the good. The room was relatively clean. Actually cleaner than some Hiltons I've stayed in. On my last day they were actually wiping down the AC units on the outside, the common area door locks etc. I slept well on the mattress. Even under the beds was clean. My interaction with the staff was fine.
The Bad. I actually did not want to step outside at night. There are obvious riff raff and drug use happening. Smokers smoking right outside the rooms which wafts in through the AC unit. The room felt damp all the time. It wasn't my imagination as I took a paper bag in and the next morning it was limp with moisture. I'm not sure what's up with that. The AC clearly isn't dehumidifying the room which it should. There was a lot of garbage around the grounds. The water never really got more then tepid. I tried at different times during the day and it was just never hot.
But as I say in my title, it's a motel six. You get what you pay for. A place to sleep and a shower. I expect riff raff.
As Motel 6 goes this wasn't the worst. I was pretty impressed with how clean it actually was.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank poodlepuffer
Reviewed 29 March 2018

One fix... All we asked at 9:15 at night before we went to bed. Sink clogged with top ramen and cigarette ashes. I called the front desk for assistance and get a mouth girl named Cameo. I refused to deal after a few minutes as her response is we don't have maintenance, you can move. I told her I'm not moving in the middle of the night as we are dressed for bed and our dogs (one recovering from knee surgery) is in bed...that's too much of a hassle. I asked to speak to the other guy...she put me on hold. After awhile I just walked to the front desk and asked what can be done. Same response. She then told her coworker refund them. Fine..partial is fine and we will deal for the night. What I wasn't told was they "processed" the refund and checked us out. I told her that is not was I asked (check out) and you have not refunded me as I pd thru a 3rd party. She then responded...too late, you have 10 min or I'll call PD on you. I said no, I'll just rebook and deal with this tomorrow. She then said I won't check you in and will call PD. Obviously I was getting nowhere..so we left.
I contacted management and corporate and don't feel like anything will be done. As a whole careful if you plan to stay. Rooms reek of pot and I'm sure drug deals are going on behind closed doors. The management definitely puts a blind eye to all that goes on at night.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lchang003
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fairfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I just needed a room for the night and had seen the sign when I drove through town to a meeting in Vacaville. I took a chance and booked it on line. When I arrived I found it to be newer and clean. It still is dark in the room with iffy AC/Heat that either freezes or cooks you like most Motel 6 locations but it was a good value for a road warrior. I was able to buy a one day pass to the athletic club next door for $16. More than I thought it was worth but it's large with good equipment and lots of TV in front of the treadmills.

Fast food, a Raley's, and both a Chinese and a Japanese restaurant are within walking distance.

The do charge for wifi which I complained about on their website but all in all, it was a good value and a decent place to spend the night.

Date of stay: January 2018