“AWFUL!!!”

Motel 6 Fairfield North
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Used as a drug rehab overflow! Terrified all night long! Screaming, banging, smelled pot being smoked. I had to go back to my car and with the people outside, I was too afraid to go there. Corporate knows, and they were supposed to refund my money, but haven't.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 September 2016

This hotel is one of the worst Motel 6's I have ever stayed at. The room floor was
dirty. The grounds were littered, it was noisy, and bed not comfortable. The room
was very spartan, not pictures, cheap furniture.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Fairfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear S Kenneth,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I made a reservation for a handicapped room, My handicapped son had just had 3 surgeries in Arizona, and we were traveling back I thought we were going to be able to stop and rest there. I was delighted when I got out of the truck. I normally avoid Motel 6, but everywhere I called was full. However, this place looked very clean and seemed on the outside to be well appointed for handicapped..lots of ramps and parking spaces.

I was told that my son needed an ID too, he doesn't have one . He can't drive, and his only ID was an expired passport...they wouldn't take that. They refused us service, I told them our situation (BTW I had just stayed at a Best Western in the same area but they only had a single night in handicapped room available, but no ID required) they refused. I was at a loss. Then I found out they actually charged my card for a room!!!!!! I called today and a woman answered...not the people I had dealt with...she said they would refund my charge...so we'll see. It wasn't like I had not shown up...they had actually refused us a room.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2016

I don't travel often and well hey, it's a Motel 6 right? Normally they are all going to be the same. My girlfriend and I were traveling to LA from Washington. We had a stop to make in SF in the morning so this looked like a reasonable outside the city stop. We were carrying some very expensive guitars in my truck which would have to go in the room with us and I was taking no chances of leaving them alone even for a minute. My girlfriend waited in the truck while I checked in. I mentioned there were two of us and went back out to send her in with ID that the clerk required. She presented him her drivers license but instead of looking at it the clerk looked at our age difference. I'm 56, she's 40 and looks 25. Instead of looking to see not only were the licenses both Washington state but the same address he immediately started questioning her. Did she actually know me?, does she have a husband?, does she have other boy friends? She was so shocked she didn't say anything until the next morning. Had I known earlier we would not have stayed at all. She was embarrassed and insulted by the whole thing. At the point of writing this I don't care that the place was clean or comfortable. I found the desk clerks line of questioning rude and unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

This is a great stay and I would recommend it! In a great location, Fairfield is a really great town. There's a grocery store and some shops/food places within walking distance.
The room seems like it was recently refurbished. Clean yet basic.
A complaint would be the wifi. Firstly we had to pay for it, all of the other places where we have stayed on our trip it has been free. So we paid for it and then it was super slow, the worst wifi we have had. It was even worse if 2 people were on it in the room at the same time.
Other than that, a great stay and would stay again!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple