“It was OK until check in.”

Motel 6 Fairfield North
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 9 July 2016

I don't travel often and well hey, it's a Motel 6 right? Normally they are all going to be the same. My girlfriend and I were traveling to LA from Washington. We had a stop to make in SF in the morning so this looked like a reasonable outside the city stop. We were carrying some very expensive guitars in my truck which would have to go in the room with us and I was taking no chances of leaving them alone even for a minute. My girlfriend waited in the truck while I checked in. I mentioned there were two of us and went back out to send her in with ID that the clerk required. She presented him her drivers license but instead of looking at it the clerk looked at our age difference. I'm 56, she's 40 and looks 25. Instead of looking to see not only were the licenses both Washington state but the same address he immediately started questioning her. Did she actually know me?, does she have a husband?, does she have other boy friends? She was so shocked she didn't say anything until the next morning. Had I known earlier we would not have stayed at all. She was embarrassed and insulted by the whole thing. At the point of writing this I don't care that the place was clean or comfortable. I found the desk clerks line of questioning rude and unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Fairfield North

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

This is a great stay and I would recommend it! In a great location, Fairfield is a really great town. There's a grocery store and some shops/food places within walking distance.
The room seems like it was recently refurbished. Clean yet basic.
A complaint would be the wifi. Firstly we had to pay for it, all of the other places where we have stayed on our trip it has been free. So we paid for it and then it was super slow, the worst wifi we have had. It was even worse if 2 people were on it in the room at the same time.
Other than that, a great stay and would stay again!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

This is a clean and decent place to stay if you're on a budget. No frills, friendly staff.
The pool was closed mid-June, which was kind of a bummer.
Rooms facing the freeway are a bit noisy.
Very close restaurant and gas station. Carl's Junior is across the parking lot.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

The staff was friendly. The location was great. It's not far from stores or places to eat. Nearby cities had a lot of attractions, as well. The Jelly Belly Factory is located here, too. I will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Seemed like folks were living there, knocking on doors a lot, children running around until wee hours. Might have been a bad night but the room also smelt like a smoker lived there. Too late and too tired to change rooms...just feel down on semi hard scratchy beds. At least it was cheap and allowed my dod. Good item, no carpet, lamented flooring.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
4.2 km away
Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley
3.0 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Fairfield

Been to Motel 6 Fairfield North? Share your experiences!