“Decent stay and would stay again, but mold.”

Motel 6 Fairfield North
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Rooms in general were updated. We arrived late at about 8:30 because we were traveling from further up north to see the Avenue of the Giants (redwood trees). We called and told them we were going to be late and to please hold our room.

We got a room in the back by the freeway. It wasn't too noisy and were were only staying for one night, which is why it was OK with us. Yes, the people upstairs sounded like they were bowling (I think they had kids). I'm OK with that too because my mom and I were traveling with my daughter who is 3.5 and could very easily have been making the same noises if we were on a different level.

The one major complaint I have is that our bathroom had mold in it. Like LOTS of black mold. Especially behind the toilet. I was anxious to let my daughter take a bath there, but decided since it was only one night we could manage.

There were a ton of other hotel and food options in the area. I think at the end of the strip of hotels there was a mini golf course and arcade, which could be used to keep older kids entertained. Overall, if I had to stay here again I probably would. Just making sure the bathroom was free and clear.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the street side and ground because there were few elevators
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Antsy33

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was very tired, but couldn't sleep due to the constant noise of water rushing through pipes in the walls or ceiling. When I asked the person at the desk, they said there was no water. Then I noticed the main motel laundry room was connected to my room by pipes. To the right was a noisy room w/ boom box, having a 'smoking' party. Staff on duty said he had never seen so many people in one room. Fire hazard!!! In room nearby was a woman high on something, almost ran over her 3 yr-old. Neglected her two kids. Was going to call the police but she left. Upstairs a man cried out for help constantly. I couldn't climb stairs.Staff said he was confused. Woman walked by window with only a towel on, offered man a "cum job". ( No, I'm not kidding) Man was embarrassed. I asked for another room as I was becoming sleep deprived. Staff said 'maybe'.There were nice rooms on the right & left of the building. Parole or Probation came & arrested a another client. Woman in room next to me was sobbing.. Door left ajar. Man was trying to calm her. It was weird that the door was open in the dark. Room dark. Later another man came. I called police for possible sex trafficking. Manager later said that he can't be responsible for the people who stay there. Worst motel I ever stayed in. Never got any sleep or room change. Stay here if you want to write a book!

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Oceanbaby363
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Had a reservation but when I arrived my room was not available for over 3 hours because they were short on housekeeping personnel. Not a good experience after driving many hours from another state and looking to rest up for the evening. Remote control did not work well and no tissues in the room like other motel 6's I've stayed at. Definitely there is a management problem here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Frank T
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice the first time they gave me a refund becuase of the mattresses the next time I ask if they had replaced them they said yes but they did not the mattresses They have should have been thrown away years ago. the curtains and carpet were old and filthy as well.

Room Tip: look under the sheets first
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank lazarus i
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Upon first glance not that bad as the night went on worst by the second starting with 1 towel and bar of soap remote for tv does not work weird people walking around at all hours of the night being loud and obnoxious the room below mine was billowing out weed smoke the bed had what appeared to be blood stains all over with the floor being just as bad with nail clippings by the desk and blood by the nightstand there was a consistant shake in the walls with no effort to stop from management by far the worst experiance yet i wasnt expecting a five star room for the price but i would much eather pay the extra for a five star where at least everyone felt safe and could sleep need i not mention we are a family of seven and never have we had a complaint for noise against us in a hotel or any facilaty at that i would conclude my review by saying the only semi decent service offered here was the lady at the front desk was kind and got us our room very fast

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Dtrain95
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fairfield North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Dtrain95 - We apologize for the quality issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.