All reviews napa valley front desk marriott app grocery store marriott properties high prices the ac unit first floor san francisco up to date wine tasting room was large king bed fitness room easy access coffee maker debbie
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

In fairness, I would rate this hotel a 3.5 but no higher. This is the first Marriott property that seemingly did not notice or care that I am at the highest level of their loyalty tier. They made no effort to move me from a room that I wasn't pleased with. I would only stay here again if there were no other options in the area. I was left with the sense that the staff doesn't care about the details their guests do because their occupancy level is consistently high due to their location. I will be traveling to this area often in the future due to a job change and this hotel is noted as a last resort.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Beachluvinfamily
Ed S, General Manager at Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for the feedback. We love our Marriott Reward Members and appreciate their business and their loyalty to the Marriott brand. We also love all of the rest of our guests and want each and every one to have a comfortable, productive and satisfying visit. If someone is in a room which isn't to their liking, we try our best to accommodate. Sorry this was not the case during your visit, we really do care! I tried to send you a private note to find out more, but, you're profile in Trip Advisor does not allow you to accept messages.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Definitely not the nicest courtyard marriott. The pics are much nicer than in person. The hotels lobby has been renovated. But the rooms are dated.
The elevators are small and old. The rooms have a musty smell to them.

This was our 3rd hotel within the week of our travels and it was the worst so far. We even stayed at another courtyard Marriott two days prior and it was ten times nicer

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ed S, General Manager at Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thanks for staying with and for taking the time to share your feedback. Although there isn't much we can do about the size of our elevators, our rooms should always be "April Fresh" and I appreciate you providing your observations on your recent visit. We wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve avoided this property strategically for several months as the facility is dated and in sad shape.

Upon checking in, I needed to clean my bathroom due to a previous guests hair and stool sample left behind.

The AC states it’s set at max and 65, which is laughable. I used an IR gun pointed at the middle of the room and the temp is 75. Engineering took a look and said, sorry this is good as it gets. Pretty disappointing.

Windows are filthy and resemble a roadside gas station you would expect on Route 66.

No Plat Premier Elite Benefits. Super nice staff and front desk associates are delightful, but the property is a dump. No amount of friendliness can make up for a warm, dirty and uncomfortable room. Avoid if you are accustom to usual Marriott standards.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Justin C

Thanks for staying with us and for providing your open and honest feedback. I've sent you a private message so I can follow up further. We take pride in checking our guests into "ultra clean" rooms and I'm sorry that this was not the case during your recent visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

When we checked-in the staff was typical of a Marriott property. Pleasant and efficient !
The rooms were spotless and nicely decorated. The elevators are rather small, but they work and if you are a larger family with luggage, you might have to take two trips. That is the only slightly negative, and that is not much. We also had drinks and dinner in the bistro there and the meal selection isn't huge but we found the service and meal pleasant. Our stay was great. In the morning one of our group was acting strange. He couldn't talk or seemed confused. I asked to purchase a Pepsi in case he had low blood sugar and when tried to pay, the front desk said no, just to take care of our friend. That is the correct attitude. When something was wrong (medically) with the guest, the cost of the Pepsi didn't matter. I really applaud the front desk personnel for taking that position. It saved time and we then immediately left for the hospital. Our friend had suffered a stroke and that simple consideration by the front desk saved valuable seconds. Great stay and great attitude. Just like I expect from Marriott Properties.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ed S, General Manager at Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thanks for staying with us and for the kind comments. We hope all is well and that your friend is back to 100% health. We hope to have the honor of serving you again soon. Be well and safe travels.....

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed there with my wife last week and I can say the receptionists are nice, the room was clean and they have a nice little bar downstairs. It was a great stay. The only things I would recommend to upgrade is the elevator which is really old and the bar staff was really confused and it seemed like they didn’t really know what they were doing. Overall it’s a really nice place and way better than other places that I stayed in Fairfield. I will be back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us and thank you for the 5 Star review. We're glad you had a great visit and look forward to seeing you and your wife again soon.....