“Another very good Mexican restaurant in Fair Oaks”

Fortaleza Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 93 Restaurants in Fair Oaks
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We discovered this lovely Mexican restaurant quite by accident and were delighted with the menu, food and service. There is a full bar and spacious dining areas. I had the grilled fish taco plate. The tacos were served with red rice and beans.The fish was delicious and portions were perfect for lunch. My husband had the grilled chicken amarillo enchiladas with mole. The mole had just the right amount of spice. All went well with a glass of Modelo Negro. Our server, Juan, was attentive and helpful. We'll return on a sunny day and dine on the patio.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

There are tons of Mexican places in the area, from the 24 hour drive through to pretty nice sit-down places. This restaurant took over a sushi place which, sadly, had a dwindling clientele over the past few years. I didn't even recognize the inside, it's redone, it's cozy, it's lovely, and it's inviting. It's also super loud, because it was packed on a Friday night, but that's a great sign. They start you off with chips and really good pico de gallo salsa as well as water. Elva took great care of us, and the food came quickly once ordered: chicken mole enchiladas with rice (for him) and chile relleno for me with pickled veggies. I wondered why the side of pickled veggies, until I realized they help cut the richness of the cheese. I already know next time I'll have the guac, the ceviche, and the lavender (!) sangria. Sign me up!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This new Mexican restaurant has put a new twist on the traditional Mexican. There chips and squash salsa is so yummy. The staff was very welcoming and knowledgeable about there different foods. The portion size is very good, had carnitas for dinner and enough for lunch the next day. Atmosphere is welcoming for all. Full bar with great drinks. We will be back again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Recently openned. Went for a birthday lunch celebration. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice open areas with good decor. Lunch menu had great offerings with choices from appetizers, street tacos, entrees and bar items. I will go again.