1,279 results
All reviewspool tablefire pitlimo servicepool areacomplimentary limohot tubstretch limotiki torchesbasketball hoopjimmy dean breakfast sandwichesoutdoor heatersgreat poolold townhumboldt baywafflesthe breakfast areafitness center
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent stay at the Humboldt Bay Inn. We were greeted by a friendly smile even when she was having trouble with her internet due to the fires in California. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Selina, our chauffeur, was great. She was so helpful and friendly. We had stayed here about 10 years ago and regretted not taking the complimentary Limo. We weren't disappointed, even sharing the ride with a nice couple from the Seattle/ San Juan area. The breakfast was good, Selina was our hostess and rushed around making everything great. The Oasis and decour was very classy & comfy. Kudos to Selina, she's the best ambassador!!! Definitely will be back. Eureka is such a interesting, fun town.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
ChrisBWPHBI, General Manager at Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Wow! thanks for re-visiting us ten years later!...as you noticed, we have done a lot since your last visit. Its great that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary dinner limousine...and yes, Selina is awesome! As you stated, she is "so helpful and friendly" and the "best ambassador!" We look forward to your next visit with us...but don't wait 10 years!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night here and we were very happy with our room. It was clean and modern. We didn't mind that the room was rather small. The oasis area is great and breakfast was basic but good. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

They have updated rooms and they are beautiful! Small but nice! We stayed in the summer of 16 and fell in love with the Oasis and that’s why we stayed on our honeymoon trip down the north coast! It was even better this time!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I agree with all the reviews I read before staying here!! The staff was great, friendly and helpful and professional; the accommodations were great, nicely decorated, comfortable and clean! The pool area is fabulous!! But the location is not so good! If you need to be in town or close to "old town" you are good. But very industrial area! Unfortunately, homeless around.

I was very disappointed with the breakfast. I have stayed at a lot of BW PLUS, always pay extra and choose that cuz of the great rooms and hot breakfast. They had all the usual items, waffles, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs,etc., and they have Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches that you can heat up! So, they have the usual selection of breakfast items as regular BW but not the hot choices that I've experienced over many years!! That's a major reason we pay extra for the "Plus". Some are better and fancier than others, but always better than here! We were fine with our toast and yogurt and fruit, etc., but not what I expected out of a BW Plus.

Also, unfortunately, we could hear noises from the adjoining rooms!!! Not voices but toilet flushing and showers and someone left a bathroom fan on that I heard all night, our last night. I'm a light sleeper but my husband also commented on the fan we heard alllllll night!!

K. So just trying to be honest. We stayed for three nights, so weren't in our room except for sleeping. We were exploring and hiking areas around ..... so it was ok for us but I wasn't that happy. After driving by the other Best western on the other side of town, which was cheaper and looked newer and had a less industrial atmosphere, I think I would choose that next time!!

So again, it was nice but didn't live up to all my other stays at BW Plus expectations!! And I paid more here than the other one.

Sorry, management, but your staff was great! Your pool was great! Our room was comfortable and clean! Breakfast was what I could have had at a non PLUS! And unfortunately, noises from other rooms, not voices but plumbing was very loud!!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I had a great stay at the Best Western Humboldt Bay inn. From check-in to check out everything went smoothly and the staff was super friendly. The hotel appearance was nice and everything in the room worked well. The pool looked great and I wish I brought my bathing suit. They have a great breakfast as well.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple