Review Highlights
I used to live in Escondido

I was surprized how much this street has changed. I went with my family on my last night here to... read more

Reviewed 27 July 2018
Marta E
El Paso, Texas
Best on Friday Evenings

Grand Avenue has many interesting store and some fine restaurants but the main attraction during... read more

Reviewed 19 June 2018
ntflady
San Marcos, California

All reviews classic cars farmers market tuesday afternoons main street usa muscle cars art galleries takes place unique shops on display stroll fairs salvadoran sidewalk
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great al fresco dining, charming antique and crafts stores, a reptile shop, art galleries and more. On Fridays May through September, classic and antique cars line the road for Cruisin' Grand. On Tuesday afternoons and Saturday mornings, there is a Farmers Market. Spring and Fall bring street fairs, and the annual Christmas Parade ends here. A fun place to see and be seen, meet friends, grab a bite or a drink. Really the true center of Escondido.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Bands, food booths, blocks of restored vehicles, food and craft booths. Pre 1975 cars looking like new or better.
Lots of people, bands. Lots of restaurants and bars open .

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Every Friday evening Grand Avenue closes about five blocks and hosts "Cruisin' Grand". There are more than 200 pre-1974 muscle cars on display each Friday evening. There are bands playing and several excellent restaurants to choose from. Our favorite is Vins. You can reserve a table outside and watch people, look at the cars and enjoy great food drinks and service.

1  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We strolled along Grand Avenue and stopped in some interesting stores as we enjoyed a beautiful day. The Farmers Market was open and that added another interesting stop to our visit. Thanks for making us feel welcome.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I live in Escondido, and I am sad every time I drive down Grand Avenue. LOTS of vacant storefronts. A few dive bars scattered in there, and a fair number of little restaurants, which run the gamut from inexpensive (Rosie's Cafe, a couple of pizza places) to very pricey (Vincent's) and everything in between. Some of the restaurants are pretty good (Vincent's, A Delight of France), and some of the stores are cute (Retro House Love), but the ever-present homeless population and the empty storefronts make the downtown feel like a ghost town. Cruisin' Grand attracts a lot of folks on Friday evenings April-September, but that doesn't seem to help attract other businesses to the area. I hope if there's a Chamber of Commerce in town that they try to do something to help the area.