“Christmas shopping lunch stop”
Review of Red Chopstix

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Chopstix
Ranked #111 of 283 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Reviewed 7 December 2016

My wife and I were out shopping for the holidays when we decided to stop for a quick lunch. We went to Red Chopstix because we had been looking for a good Chinese restaurant in our area. This location was easy to spot, because it is next door to Dimples Records.

We parked right in front of the building and took a quick look at the very large menu in the window near the door. Upon entering Red Chopstixs, we were immediately aware of the level of cleaniliness in the restaurant, it was spotless. Also the smell was delicious, a great indication of the food we were about to experience.

The young lady behind the bar gave us menus and was very pleasant to speak with. My wife asked her a question about the lunch specials, and it was like taling to an old friend. After placing our to go order, we took a seat and waited about 10 or 15 minutes for the food.

On the short ride home from Red Chopstixs, my wife commented on the good smells coming from the bag. She said the smell of the prawns was fantastic, as well as the other aromas floating around our car.

Upon arrival at our home, we were both surprised by the quantity of food in the containers (we actually have enough left overs for dinner). I ordered the Sweet and Sour Chicken lunch, while my wife had the Sesame Chicken meal. We also had an order of Prawns as well. The food was piping hot, even after the two mile ride to our house. The fried rice was outstanding, as was my Sweet and Sour Chicken. Along with the chicken and rice, an eggroll was included with each lunch. My wife subbed chicken chow mien for her rice, and she really enjoyed it with her sesame chicken. My sister loves Chinese food, and my wife could not wait to call and tell her about the Red Chopstix.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

fast service, great food, reasonable prices. Their is also a bar, so you can sit in the bar area or in the restaurant.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Although there was only one server, who also answered the phone, took take-out orders, and handled the cash register while 2/3rds of the restaurant filled up, you never felt neglected. The food was served lava hot so you know it wasn't being held under a warmer.That was the great part of this restaurant. The food was bland. The House Wonton Soup was loaded with yummy things, but the broth tasted watered down. We ordered the Po Po appetizer. They were out teriyaki beef, but the waitress (again awesome) asked what we would like as a substitute for the beef. The ribs from the Po Po were seasoned the best of anything we ordered but they were extremely fatty making them almost impossible to eat. The beef and pea pods entree had very crisp pea pods and they were a little too plentiful. The dish should have been called pea Pods and Beef. It had a small amount of a brown sauce and a few sesame seeds and no distinct flavor. Just an average dish. The House Fried Rice was also just okay. I wanted to soak it in soy sauce for flavor. The food was not bad, just average. The place is clean, the waitress was great, and prices are good.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

The service is very good and the atmosphere is typical for a Chinese restaurant. The menu is extensive. The food was fresh and well prepared but needed more flavor; it was as if the chef assumed bland is America's preference.

Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

This is my family's favorite Chinese Restaurant and our in laws, brothers and sisters when they visit.

Their food is always tasty, hot when served, and their menu is varied. We recommend the Egg Fo Young, Walnut Shrimp, Dry Braised Chicken.

Along with the good food the service is excellent and quick. They have a strong take-out business too.