“Sizzing Tofu - sweet and spicy with vegarabkes”
Review of Loving Hut

Loving Hut
Ranked #45 of 283 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Very good dish without heavy spice. The dish could use larger veggies. They were.
a little too sparse. Sauce was delicious. Staff was friendly. Too full to try dessert. Big menu. I will try it again as this was my first visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

My boyfriend and I have been visiting this place for 4 months now. Never had an issue and the food is always great. The waiter/waitress are friendly and welcoming. However, when we went there yesterday for lunch, I told our waitress my food didn't taste right, things turned sour. Was informed I would be required to pay for original entree (orange "chicken"), which I didn't eat btw, but would receive a 20% discount on any new item I ordered. This made me upset. I asked to speak to the manager but the head chef came out instead. He made things worst by arguing with me stating the food tasted fine, there's never been any issues, and the entree I ordered is a popular item. I told him I was aware of this since we eat there about 2-3x a month and haven't ever had any issues before. He then proceed to tell me he tasted the food before it came out and it was fine. His comments just irritated me. I almost flipped out on him. When he saw I wasn't backing down he turned and walked away. He took his frustrations out on our waitress, which I feel bad about. It wasn't her fault the food tasted funny. It's his. Grouchy old man!!

Anyway, things turned out right as rain in the end. We paid for two meals and our drinks, which is the right thing to do when a customer complains about a dish and asks for something else. But the whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth. We won't ever go back nor recommend this place. Hate leaving a negative review for a restaurant I enjoyed before but felt the need to warn others. Heaven forbid you complain about your food

1  Thank Stocktongal
Reviewed 18 February 2015

Nothing better than going to a restaurant where you can order anything you want off the menu. Ordered the Golden Wontons, and Mongolian Wonder ("beef"). Loved both dishes, great portion size too. Service was great, waitress was very friendly and attentive. Will definitely be back here next time I'm in the area.

1  Thank Kenny B
Reviewed 5 November 2014

Eating a plant based diet I find it a challenge at times to find good food that is high in quality and taste. They food was incredible. The Orange Wonder was to die for. We also tried several other dishes, each and everyone of them were extremely tasty. There curry is amazing...

1  Thank Sunneeone
Reviewed 4 November 2014

I've eaten at Frank Fat's downtown numerous times, and have eaten nearly every vegetarian dish they make. They have been excellent! The trouble is, Fat's is pricey. This is where Loving Hut comes in.

We have only had a bad experience at Loving Hut once when we ordered a soup that was so salty, it was inedible. The waitress removed the soup from our tab.

Other than that, we have never had a bad meal, and the food here is almost as good as what we find at Fat's. They know what they are doing at this Loving Hut location. The vegetables are always perfectly cooked.

The desserts are hit and miss. Vegan cheesecake should never be made with tofu because it tastes too 'tofu-y', and anyone with any silken tofu experience knows what I mean in saying that. Unfortunately, Loving Hut makes cheesecake with tofu instead of vegan cream cheese.

Their cakes are OK, but the frostings taste cheap and too much like powdered sugar, almost as if they forgot to add vanilla and other flavorings. Frankly, I much prefer my own vegan desserts.

Their mock meats, which we do not order very often due to gluten intolerance, are good quality. They taste like the VegeUSA products found in the frozen section at Whole Foods. My daughter especially likes the drumsticks and spicy cha cha, which is not spicy at all, and seasoned nicely.

I have proudly brought omnivores here and they have not only loved the food, but they have all been surprised how good they feel afterward. They don't experience brain fog or sluggishness.

Give LovingnHut a try. You'll be pleasantly surprised.