“Great hotel, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove

Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Kingsburg, CA
“Great hotel, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Oregon. It is located right off of I-5 in a safe area. The hotel was clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the rates were very affordable. The only problem we had was that there was no hot water. We noticed when we checked in that there were 2 plumbers trucks out front, but were not advised that there were any issues, so assumed they were staying there for the night. In the morning after I realized there was no hot water, I was advised there was a major issue with the plumbing and they did not know when the hot water would be restored. While I understand that things like this happen, and that the hotel can not control them, a little heads-up at check in would have been nice. This would not however stop me from staying at this location again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to write a review about our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel during your stay. Yes we did have plumbing issues and we did put up signs at the front desk, business center door and elevator door which stated the issue regarding the hot water. Please do accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my stay for which they should have informed you regarding the plumbing issue at check in time. We value our guests’ opinions and do hope to get a chance to serve you and/or your family with great service in the future. Thank you for being an understanding and loyal guest we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Porterville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

The other reviews for this location are correct. There is a lot to like about this location. It's fairly new (about 2 years old), rooms are large and comfortable, close to downtown Sacramento, shopping very close to hotel, and the rates are very fair for the area. It has all the things that make the HIE chain a good value for travelers.
I only gave it 3 out of 5 because of mold in the bathtub. I was given a room with a jetted (whirlpool) tub. I had spent most of the day driving and was looking forward to relaxing int he tub. When I started the water I noticed that there was black mold around every jet in the tub. I decided that the tub might not be a good idea.
This is a nice affordable HIE location, but the cleaning crew needs to be better trained.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff. I have spoken to my staff regarding this matter and I assure you this will not happen again. I appreciate your feedback, it's very important to hear from our guests about their experiences! I hope that you will give us the benefit of the doubt, and come see us again when you are in the Elk Grove area. We would love to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Once again please accept my apologies and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed 2 nights for a soccer tournament in Elk Grove. This hotel seems rather new and was a clean, quiet, comfortable place for our family of 5. We did experience some rather noisy kids in the halls and upstairs, but I can't blame the hotel for that. Overall everything was great. We got better pricing for our stay ($99/night) by booking with the hotel directly and not using Expedia or Kayak, etc. The morning brekfast was good. A decent start to the day. Overall we would consider staying here again. Very close to the Hal Bartholomew Sports Complex too about a 5-7 min drive. FYI for those of you traveling for sports purposes.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am very pleased to know you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We value our guest’s opinions. I do apologize for the noisy part of your stay. Thank you for being an understanding and loyal guest, we appreciate your business and we hope to see you again for another soccer tournament soon!
Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

On a visit to see family in Elk Grove, CA , I booked a Holiday Inn Express expecting a mediocre but less costly stay. To my surprise the room was very clean with flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable as well. Included in the price was a nice breakfast with pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, plus the usual cereals and bagels, etc..
My congratulations to Mr. Patel who is doing a great job and running a tight ship.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side (back) may tend to be a bit less quiet due to the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Rohnert Park, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

So the day we were checking out, we get a knock on the door at 9 am saying "Guest Services", then when we answer the door, the guy is like, "Just confirming you are checking out today." Seriously?!!!! (Check out is not till 11 am, did they need the room earlier, is that why they wanted us out?) Did you really need to come to the door to confirm?! Oh and while he was there, he had a loud argument with another room on the floor in Spanish. So if you don't want to sleep in till 10:00/10:30/11:00, go ahead and stay here and you can get a wake up knock on your door the day you are leaving. The girl at the desk, shook her head when I complained, like oh geez, what was he thinking and apologized but still, why is this guy doing that?

I guess a large party/family was staying in several rooms on our floor. There was loud talking in the hallways and banging of doors due to them leaving the lock in the door, so that people could go in and out between rooms.

Other then that, the room was okay. It was comfortable and big. I really need to get used to the partial curtains that don't close are just for decoration.

Oh and in the room description, it said separate living area. So I was thinking a whole different room. There was like a tiny wall between the couch and the bed. So anyway, there was a couch with a coffee table and a desk. Nothing wrong with it though, it was nice to have to work at the table on the laptop or sit on the couch rather then lay on the bed.

This is the first time staying here and the last, for paying the price that we did, it was not worth the wake up knock. We'll go back to the one on Stockton Blvd, (we never got a wake up knock there) or go to another hotel chain.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
14.2 km away
The Westin Sacramento
The Westin Sacramento
#18 of 80 in Sacramento

Been to Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove? Share your experiences!