“Great food”

Journey To The Dumpling
Ranked #27 of 286 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Loved the garlic noodles! Best I've ever had!!! Friendly service too! The pan fried dumplings were also delicious. As far as restaurants go in Elk Grove, this is where it's at. One of relatively few places here that is not a chain, and the quality really shows.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Service was outstanding. I decided to pop in after I got hungry while shopping for plants at OSH. Weekday afternoon--hump day to be exact--around 2pm. It wasn't too busy. Hostess was cordial. Got seated right away for a table for one.

I ordered the snow crab pork dumpling, wonton in chili sauce, egg tart, hot tea. The hot tea came out promptly in a cute teapot and heating stand with a candle. The server informed me how to eat the crab pork soup dumpling. The egg tart was a new item that had not made it to the menu yet. It was the bomb! I enjoyed their version of the egg custard with a very crispy crust. Very tasty. I will have to stop by again just for the egg tart. But there is definitely plenty to choose from on the menu.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Three of us visited for lunch recently. The place was crowded with a 15 minute wait. In a bit less than that, we were seated. We ordered the xiao long bao, or dumplings with soup inside, the pan fried pork bun, shrimp and zucchini stuffed pot stickers, and chicken chow fun. The dumplings were both good, although my wife thought they contained too much pork for their size. My wife said the potstickers were her favorite while I liked the chow fun. This place is worth a visit because of the unusual dumplings.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I was excited to try out the place , because of good reviews from friends. However, I was disappointed because the noodles were over done and the dumplings skin was too thick. Service was awesome. Best time to come would be after lunch like around 1:00, since no waiting.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

As eight of us waited to be seated at the Journey to the Dumpling this past weekend, we watched the efficient staff bringing trays of soups and steaming dumplings and noodles to earlier diners who -- it appeared -- were so enjoying their lunch that they would never relinquish their seats. Once we were seated, the teenagers in our group who knew what they wanted without bothering to look at the menu showered the newbies with "You have to try this!" and "My favorite is the dumpling with both shrimp and soup inside the dumpling!" We looked at the menu. Some of the names of the dishes were not familiar to us, but the illustrations were clear, and the descriptions were mouth-watering. So, we chose. And shared noodles, green onion pancakes, bowls of broth with noodles and dumplings. And then we were smiling like all of the other guests in this modest, but bustling location in a mall in Elk Grove, California. All the choices we tasted were delicious. This was Asian food done very, very well. Ingredients are locally sourced, and, being California, everything was fresh! What a difference that makes! Chopsticks were the order of the day (but forks were available)! We shared! We slurped! And, when the check came for eight people who enjoyed a wonderful lunch, this host just smiled! A very good meal. An outstanding value!