All reviews front desk century blvd starbucks coffee close to the airport manhattan beach park and fly los angeles only stayed one night nice room rental car an early flight would stay here again next morning grocery store quiet area late at night free shuttle
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I am becoming a fan of the courtyard by Marriot. They are always clean and have nice rooms with good amenities. This location is no exception. The proximity to LAX and the free shuttle made traveling easy.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I stayed on a business trip so I was there for 4 days. Let start by saying the staff is among the best. Very polite and customer focused. They remembered my name and always acknowledged me even if just walking down the hallway. The hotel, however, is a different story. Needs a major overhaul. Dirty carpets, leaking toilets and bad drainage in the shower. No restaurant in the hotel, just snacks and "bar" food. You need to uber to get a good dinner. The van service is unreliable and I ended up using uber most of the week. If I had a choice, I would stay on Century Boulevard with newer hotels and choices for food.

Room tip: Ask for courtyard view.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Melissa H, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. It is great to hear that you were very pleased with our staff. We do apologize for the condition of the hotel, thus I am happy to share with you the hotel will be undergoing renovation very soon. I would like for you to experience our revamped, remodeled and updated hotel soon! Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Stayed over 4th of July weekend. Primarily stayed at this location because it was a Marriott right on the light rail line. Central to everything in LA. Very quite area with lots of restaurant choices within a few blocks. Excellent customer service and superbly clean and well appointed rooms. Always that way with Marriott.

Room tip: Third floor rooms the quietest.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

This is a small, no frills mid-range hotel, but it is clean and safe. There is no room service and instead purchases of food and drinks can be made from a cafe (although not late at night), or from a small shop. The reception staff are friendly and helpful. They assisted me with a late checkout and contacting my airline. It just felt more personal than some of the massive hotels that I'd stayed at in the area.

My room was basic but had everything I needed. TV, (empty) fridge, large bathroom and a small balcony that enables me to escape air conditioning for fresh air. I didn't use it, but the outside pool area looked inviting.

The cafe serves breakfast but was closed at 2pm. I assumed it reopened later for dinner and drinks. My morning meal was fine and they sell Starbucks coffee, which was apparently a highlight for some fellow travellers!

Note that unlike it is implied in the advertisements, the shuttle does not operate 24/7, and you need to book a time to get back to the airport. I mistakenly took a shuttle from LAX to another Courtyard hotel nearby and had to pay US$10 to transfer to the correct address. You can book a transfer time back to LAX upon request. It is advisable to let them know when you are arriving to ensure a shuttle is available for pick up.

This is a good place for short stays, families, and those on a limited budget.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is a Good hotel I stayed for one night with a family my daughter and I loved the small swimming pool, the staff is helpful and the rooms were clean but the hotel didn't have a fully oprational restaurant ,there is a big super market and good restaurants near by ,the hotel is 15 min drive from airpot ,over all It was good experience.

Date of stay: May 2017